Only need wrong answers re-tested.

Only need wrong answers re-tested.

by Victor Ovsey -
Number of replies: 2

The assessment requirements for our accreditation are very specific.  Because once trainees take the quiz and pass with 80% or better, they have to come in to take a final exam in person and get a 70% or better in class.

The US EPA wants us to do the following:

In order to successfully complete the E-learning component of the certification course, students
must answer at least 80% of the final E-learning assessment questions correctly. If a student
answers 80% or more questions correctly, the application should take the student to the set of
course completion screens.

If a student answers less than 80% of the questions correctly, the student should be told how
many questions were answered correctly and the student must be required to review the material
for the sections they did not get correctly. The course should follow the procedures below:
• Before retaking the assessment, direct the student back to the Table of Contents and
instruct them to review the course material, especially areas of uncertainty when taking
the final assessment. - which Moodle does.
• The course modules associated with the missed questions will be marked
INCOMPLETE, and the student must fully complete these modules again before retaking
the final assessment.
• The application should present a different set of questions when a student is retaking an
assessment. The student should only be required to re-take questions from sections for
which they did not answer correctly, students do not need to be tested on the entire set of 

material but only the material for questions they did not answer correctly. The student
must retake the exam until they have achieved a combined score of 80%. For instance, if
they get 9 questions wrong out of 20 on the first attempt, they only need to answer 5 of
the 9 questions correctly on the second attempt in order to demonstrate mastery of the
material. The student should be allowed as many attempts as necessary to achieve a
score of 80%.- this I have not been able to do.

I did select Yes on the use previous test results.  Help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victor Ovsey

Re: Only need wrong answers re-tested.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I suspect this is going to require some programming, do you have a budget?

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Only need wrong answers re-tested.

by Victor Ovsey -

Not at this time.  I am in the exploring our options and software.  Boss may be considering Adobe Captivate.  Not sure if Adobe will work or not.  I thought that in Moodle 2,6 - Each attempt builds on last should work if set to: Yes?  But it does not.sad