IMS QTI 2.1

IMS QTI 2.1

by Jan Sosniecki -
Number of replies: 2

In another LMS I have created a task (and in fact many tasks). In this platform I can export it to the format IMS QTI 2.1.

The questions are:

1. Is it possible to import this package to Moodle?
  2. And how?

It would be nice if this export-import could be done more or less automatically in stead of being forced to make an entire reprogramming.

I have attached a zipped file in IMS QTI 2.1.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jan Sosniecki

Re: IMS QTI 2.1

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Jan,

The answer is unfortunately no.

Despite software vendors claims IMS-QTI is not a real standard as each LMS has its own "interpretation" of it sad.

I visited itslearning website and you must understand that sentences like "itslearning users can import content from external vendors directly into the system. They can also export content in IMS format. The IMS Global Learning Consortium develops and promotes the adoption of open technical specifications for interoperable learning technology – and several IMS specifications are now worldwide standards for learning products and services. itslearning conforms to the IMS Content Package, IMS QTI and IMS Enterprise standards."

is just marketing stuff.

Moodle can import questions from Blackboard, Fronter, Canvas (all as some "variations" of IMS-QTI) but not from itslearning.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Ang: Re: IMS QTI 2.1

by Jan Sosniecki -

Thanks for this answer even that I would had preferred to hear somewhat else.smile