Jumps in Moodle Lesson

Jumps in Moodle Lesson

by Carla Wilson -
Number of replies: 2

My jumps in my Moodle lesson are not working. I inserted a cluster, and then added quiz questions (to be completed in random order). If the students get the answer incorrect, I want to jump to a review page where the student can relearn the material and then jump back into the quiz to give the correct answer. The jumps have been added, but when I test it out, if I chose an incorrect answer, it stays on the same page and asks if I would like to try to answer the question again. I am sure this is probably a setting issue, but I have been unable to figure it out.

I'd really appreciate it if any of you can give me any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carla Wilson

Re: Jumps in Moodle Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Carla,

1.- The Lesson activity is powerful but difficult to use. I'm not sure you need to use clusters for what you want to achieve. I never use them myself, as I've never managed to quite understand how they are supposed to work.sad

2.- "if I chose an incorrect answer, it stays on the same page and asks if I would like to try to answer the question again."

In your Lesson settings, you should set the following:

Flow control
Allow student review: Yes or No
Provide option to try a question again: No
Maximum number of attempts : more than 1 (usually 3 or 4 is OK).

Joseph

PS.- Please stick to the Moodle terminology and do not use the word "quiz" when you are talking about the Lesson activity, since this is confusing.wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Jumps in Moodle Lesson

by Carla Wilson -

Thanks so much for your advice. That worked perfectly. 

In terms of clusters, you put one at the beginning of a series of questions and then an end cluster after the last question. This causes the questions to appear in random order each time a student accesses them.