ERROR 3: 3:XML Parse error

ERROR 3: 3:XML Parse error

by Todd Lantz -
Number of replies: 4

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this error before when connecting to Moodle through MNet. ERROR 3:
3:XML Parse error in payload: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing At line number: 1 Which reads: 

I am using Moodle 2.6. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

here is the php error log i receive: 

[25-Mar-2014 10:39:57 America/New_York] Default exception handler: Ooops! Your MNET communication has failed! Here's that error message to pass on to your administrator: XML Parse error in payload: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing
At line number: 1
Which reads: ERROR 3:<br />3:XML Parse error in payload: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing
At line number: 1
Which reads:
<br /> Debug:
Error code: rpcerror
* line 463 of \lib\setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
* line 247 of \auth\mnet\auth.php: call to print_error()
* line 50 of \auth\mnet\land.php: call to auth_plugin_mnet->confirm_mnet_session()

Todd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Lantz

Re: ERROR 3: 3:XML Parse error

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Are you MNetting Moodle A to Moodle B? or other?

Truth in attempting to assist ... been a while and used to use MNet with 1.9.x. 

Are you letting the two MNetted servers acquire the keys themselves or are you copy and pasting keys in appropriate boxes?   Is there a space before the first character in a key or a blank line atop or at bottom of one of those keys?

Inside whatever apps you are trying to MNet, regen the keys and make sure the other server gets them.  Might have to manually copy and paste the keys making sure there is no space before and no blank lines atop or at bottom.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Todd Lantz -

Thanks for the Reply Ken, I appreciate it. I am using a Custom application as a Single Sign On, I recently had this working but at the time was running Apache 2.2 / PHP 5.3. I recently upgraded to Apache 2.4 / PHP 5.5 and also tried PHP 5.4. with no luck. I ran through your suggestions but still not having any luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Todd

In reply to Todd Lantz

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

it says: 'the URI is missing' and specifically mentions line 1.  So what's on line 1 of the xml file?

The parseError Object's Properties

url Returns the URL pointing the loaded document

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_errors.asp

You didn't mention which browser or if you tried them all so ...

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_errors_crossbrowser.asp

Might search Moodle DB for all tables related to mnet.  The table that contains the certs is mdl_mnet_host

select * from `mdl_mnet_host`

public_key column is the cert and there is a public_key_expires column as well.

If I re-call correctly, one had to use a $CFG variable to increase the expiration  (default is every 28 days)

$CFG->mnetkeylifetime = '356';

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Todd Lantz -

Ken,

I really appreciate all your help, I actually have found the issue, for whatever reason in my xmlrpc lib.php file I had a bunch of null's in black and white, once I removed them and regenerated my keys everything worked out. Again thanks for all your suggestions and responding to my post.

Have a Great Day!!!

Todd