H5P project: integration with Moodle?

H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Marc Couture -
Yanıt sayısı: 25

Hi,

I did a quick search in the forums but didn't find anything on this new open source framework for creating online interactive HTML5-based content.  It seems to work only with Drupal and Joomla for now, but one of the goals of the project is to easily create and publish content on different platforms.

This short video demo shows the tool in action:

http://demo.h5p.org/

I'd be interested to know if anyone else is looking at integrating such a platform in Moodle. I can see this as a possible replacement for expensive offline rapid e-learning software packages.

EDIT: there is a mention of Moodle here: http://h5p.org/node/591, but without editing or export options available.

Marc Couture yanıt olarak

Re: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Sam Hegarty -

Thanks for this Marc.  While we aren't looking to integrate (because we don't have the resourcing) we would really welcome it.

yazan Sara Cenni -

I agree with you Marc beacause I tried the demo and I think h5p it's fantastic!! sırıtıyor

I can't understand why it has been integrated only in CMS and not in e-learning platforms!

I hope it will be integrated! 

Sara Cenni yanıt olarak

Svar: Re: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Alf Martin Johnsen -

Hi, we have a HVP plugin that plays H5P content, working for Moodle 2.5.x, and I assume it will work on later versions with a few adjustments. There are still issues with this plugin, but we can release it on moodle.org for review, and perhaps any of you can use it as a starting point for better version that i.ex. allows editing of the content?

So if you want to test it and give us feedback -  here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfrbq1yq5mdgbqo/hvp.zip

Alf Martin

Alf Martin Johnsen yanıt olarak

Re: Svar: Re: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Ron Raney -

Hey I will do my best to try to figure this out. But do we install this like any other module?

Ron Raney yanıt olarak

yazan Ron Raney -

Well I got a Board Game to load. But the images are not showing. Not sure about the other types of content. I thought I would test it with something a little bit more flashy than a question set.

I was able to upload an H5P file successfully using a file repository. So the only problem I have is with it rendering correctly.

I wonder if I need to set up Javascript on my Moodle installation or do something that you have not told us to do in our Moodle installation. I am very eager to get this to work so please let me know if there are any steps that I have missed!

Alf Martin Johnsen yanıt olarak

yazan Yogesh Pandey -

Dear Martin,

The dropbox link provided by you is not working. I am very keen to test.

Please help.

Cheers!

yazan Alok Kumar Rai -

Hi All ,

I have integrated h5p content to upload  moodle activity  , very soon i will complete h5p-editor into moodle to create h5p content as moodle activity , have a look at http://akumar.on.ballisticlearning.com/course/view.php?id=4

Alok Kumar Rai yanıt olarak

yazan Ron San -
that sounds promising alok. i cant access it though. 

please open the course to guests, or provide login credentials.

Ron San yanıt olarak

yazan Alok Kumar Rai -
Alok Kumar Rai yanıt olarak

yazan riddhi shah -

I want to integrate H5P in my website. Can you please help me with the same?

riddhi shah yanıt olarak

yazan Alok Kumar Rai -
Hi Riddhi, I have implemented only uploding and creation of h5p content into moodle that does not include any media file like summery...once i complete i will publish it on moodle portal.

yazan Johanna Heinonen -

Has this project gone any further?

I would be really interested in testing it

Johanna Heinonen yanıt olarak

회신: Re: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Ho Won -

We tried to develop Popcorn Maker as a Moodle plug-in and it seems to me the original source has some problem and mobile compatibility issues. I also wonder if we can join for the test of this project. 

Thanks.

Johanna Heinonen yanıt olarak

yazan Pål Jørgensen -

Hi,

I am one of the guys part of the H5P development team. Here's an update on H5P and Moodle.

The two Moodle-plugins mentioned here never got shared and never got finished. The good news is that Joubel (the company I work for), now has funding for completing the Moodle integration. Currently, there is an alpha version for Moodle (available here). This does not include the authoring tool, but that work has now been started. The goal is to release a fully functional Moodle plugin within a few months.

To get further updates on this, I advise you to subscribe to H5Ps newsletter by creating an account on h5p.org.

Pål Jørgensen yanıt olarak

yazan Carl Thelen -

Our Moodle hosting company is installing the Moodle plugin in our sandbox for our next upgrade.  They needed to go through a vetting process first, and they seem to have finished that.  Thanks Pål Jørgensen and friends!  Cheers!

Carl Thelen yanıt olarak

yazan John Provasnik -
Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi

It did not pass my hosting company's vetting process - well, they didn't vet it yet because there is an open git hub ticket about it not supporting backup/restore ... anyone try it out successfully? Wondering if this is still the case... it was marked as an 'enhancement' request in Guthub.  we could not use this plugin if it we can't clone the course it resides in. Curious if anyone has done this successfully. 

Svar: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Thomas Marstrander -
Hi,

I am super excited to announce that the H5P Moodle Beta is out! This means that the full end-user view and authoring tool of the H5P plugin is available in Moodle.

We would love to get some feedback from the Moodle community on how you feel the integration works, are there any features missing and does it flow well with the rest of your setup ?

The plugin is available at the dedicated Moodle page on H5P.org where you can learn how to get started.

Hope to hear from you gülüyor

Thomas Marstrander yanıt olarak

Re: Svar: H5P project: integration with Moodle?

yazan Marcus Green -
Core developers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi

It looks like the H4P people consider it ready to use now. It looks very interesting (and I am fairly hard to impress with this type of thing)

yazan Roland Sherwood -

Congratulations Thomas - this is fantastic news!!

Having followed the progress of H5P for several years and looking forward to the Moodle integration being finalised, I'm incredibly impressed by what you/the H5P team have achieved.

Btw, just to let you know we've installed the plugin under a fresh 3.1.1 system and everything seems to be working perfectly so far. One quick question though: the Moodle page on H5P.org you linked to states that backup of H5P activities within a Moodle course is not supported under v1.0 of the plugin. Do you know if there are plans to implement this functionality in future versions of the plugin and, if, so when this might occur, as this would be a very important feature for us (and likely many other users)?

yazan Isabelle Langeveld -

Hi Thomas and others,

I went through the installation process for H5p on my Moodle site (3.1). Libraries are also installed. But, I can not create an activity within the Activity module. I can choose Create, but under Editor there is empty space. If I save anyway, I get the message: Invalid Library'.

What did I miss?