Moddle Installation

Moddle Installation

by Davy davy_yg -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

The first time I install moddle there it works ( I can see the what's inside the admin page).  Then after I try to check the home page and admin:

http://localhost/moodle/admin/index.php?cache=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

What's wrong?  Please help.

Thanks before.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Davy davy_yg

Re: Moddle Installation

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How did you install Moodle?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Davy davy_yg -

I simply download Moodle then install it step by step according to the program instruction.  Then afterward, I can see the administration view.  Yet, if I go to the home or reopen the administration view then I cannot see anything or an error appears.

-------------

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

--------------

I already try set the cookies but the error remains the same.

In reply to Davy davy_yg

by Davy davy_yg -

Noted:  I am using Windows 7 for OS

I have tried to do the installation twice and both of them give me the same error message, why is it?

What should I do?

In reply to Davy davy_yg

by Davy davy_yg -

I have tried using a different browser (Google Crome)

http://localhost/moodle/admin/index.php?cache=1 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

How to fix it?

In reply to Davy davy_yg

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Are you using IIS or Apache?

Check that the user that IIS/Apache runs under has full read/write permissions to the Moodle and Moodledata directories. IIS/Apache needs full read/write access to those two directories, else it can't function correctly and you get all sorts of unexpected results - like those redirects.