Upload users authentication method

Upload users authentication method

by amin Al-maasfeh -
Number of replies: 7

Good day for all!

When I make upload users  from file in previous version of Moodle (before Version 2), I have in field

Choose an authentication method choice "External database".  In v2.+ there isn't this choice.

This is screenshot of older version

upload users

Average of ratings: -
In reply to amin Al-maasfeh

Re: Upload users authentication method

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you enabled External Database as an authentication method?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by amin Al-maasfeh -

Yes I enabled User authentication plugin throw Oracle database.  (it works). And I enabled Enrolment plugin for courses.

There are no differences in newest and older version.

by amin Al-maasfeh -

when I tried to enable any enrolment plugin without make changes in  settings for this plugin in oldest version  within upload users this changes automatic seen in choices for "Choose an authentication method" 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So do you not even get "Choose an authentication method" now?  Or is that Database Enrolment just isn't an option.  You can always just add the column in your CSV file.

by amin Al-maasfeh -

All these plugins do not seen  in upload_default values? The v1,9+ see any changes in enrolled plugins automatic

by Emma Richardson -

I have just replicated that on my server.  Do you have the external database settings set?  I am not sure why that would not be autofilling to the drop down..

Looking at the code, it appears that it is only pulling "supported_auths" - perhaps database is not supported in later versions?  

Have you tried just adding the column to your csv file and seeing if that works?

by amin Al-maasfeh -

Yes we have external database set, because we want one sign in into different services in University. Settings for old version and new version are same. I don't understand which column do you write about. I tried to add others enrollment methods to see changes in autofill form -nothing.