SCORM - FLV - not works

SCORM - FLV - not works

by Gergely Toth -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have a problem with the embed flv video in moodle.

Im using moodle 2.3.3 on the linux based server.

I have to create a scorm based elearning material with Adobe Captivate 7 what I would import into our moodle environment.
I would use an embedded flv video with cue points what is adapted to the slides.I could do it with video timing in Captivate.

If I publish my creation with the scorm package and after it I import the package into my Moodle system it is not works.
If I not use flv, the scorm is working in the moodle therefor I think the problem is caused by the flv.

I tried it with scorm 1.2, scorm 2004 and AICC format with the same results.

Has anyone this problem before?

Attachment moodle.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gergely Toth

Re: SCORM - FLV - not works

by Andre Paz Leal -

Have you tried use straight in HTML5?

In reply to Andre Paz Leal

by Gergely Toth -

For it , I should convert the video to f4v with Adobe encoder.

After encoding, the video contains only the black screen with sound

In reply to Gergely Toth

by KirK Chapman -

In Captivate there are many, many Publish setting to consider when creating and uploading a file as a SCORM activity depending on what you want to accomplish. While your post is a bit short on information you said,

"If I not use flv, the scorm is working in the moodle therefor I think the problem is caused by the flv."

Could you explain how you're uploading your Captivate project into Moodle. I'm a bit short on time but if you want to share the .cptx file privately I can look at it this week end. See also; http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/SCORM_settings#Adding_a_SCORM_package

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by Gergely Toth -

Hello Kirk,

Thank you for the link. The cptx is on my working computer.It is a dummy project for testing.

If I not find a solution and the perfect settings on the link what you provided I will send the cptx to you.

thx

In reply to Gergely Toth

by KirK Chapman -

Hi Gergely,
So, I was able to successfully upload your package to a test site. Check your inbox.
 The SCORM package is looking for certain things inside that imsmanifest.xml file and if they are not there then your Moodle could give you an error. As a best practice I include a graded interaction ( button, hot spot etc.) in my projects; and set the value of the button to 100 points. I included a button on a 5th slide that I added to your project. That way, the imsmanifest file will have the minimum components when communicating information  between your project and Moodle. So, add a graded button and use publishing settings; SWF and Zip files.

Peace