Moodle Upgrade

Moodle Upgrade

by Raman Joshi -
Number of replies: 4

We are running moodle 1.9.9 and want to upgrade to 2.6.

I made a copy of the current system and upgraded to 2.2. I then upgraded to 2.6 - each time, I copied the installation specific settings to config.php

Everything seems to work - I can see the courses, quizzes, questions, etc. I can log in as Admin and navigate. I was very happy until I clicked on Site Administration. It took some time and returned a blank screen with the following URL at the top:

http://hartlegaleducation.com/aol/moodle/admin/upgradesettings.php

I asked Tech Support at the provider and was told that the script is trying to increase the memory limit beyond the maximum permissible value of 64MB.

Any help to complete this last step of the upgrade will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,   Raman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raman Joshi

Re: Moodle Upgrade

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Raman,

Any time you encounter a blank screen in Moodle, it's recommended that you enable Debugging as this will likely provide you with information to help you figure out the problem. If you obtain a debugging message which you don't understand, you're welcome to post it here for experienced Moodlers to explain.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Raman Joshi -

Thanks Helen.  I get the following error message with the debugger:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 83886080 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048577 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/c12185/hartlegaleducation.com/aol/moodle/cache/stores/file/lib.php on line 367

Hope this helps find the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Raman

In reply to Raman Joshi

by stephane jacques -

Hi, i got a similar problem,
I just upgrade my moodle and during the installation i received a successful messages for everything. So i had confidence that my moodle will start without  problems..Wrong!!, directly from the start i received these errors line

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$frontpagecourselimit in C:\xampp\htdocs\congres6\moodle\course\renderer.php on line 2036

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$frontpagecourselimit in C:\xampp\htdocs\congres6\moodle\course\renderer.php on line 2039  

What that mean...

Thanks for your help