You are currently not assigned to a manager

Re: You are currently not assigned to a manager

by piersante sestini -
Number of replies: 4
Thanks a lot. Very clear and enlighting.
The only information that was missing is that you must create an user field in the user profile and populate it with the manager email for each student, This is very different from what the FAQ say, as they suggest that the field is already there.
Not only this was not clear from the documentation, but it is cumbersome, as the default manager address is only inherited by new (or updated) users. I had to open and save all the students profiles one by one, to let them to get it (I suspect that I could have added the email address to the data user field table directly in the database, but I didn't dare to try). I find it also illogical, as the manager would usually belong to the activity rather than to the students (students might have different facetoface activities, each with a different manager), so one would expect it to be defined in the session properties, rather than globally.
Nevertheless, thanks to your note I was qickly able to put the module at work and I find it wonderful and very flexible.
I now have one more question: the confirmation email has fields for venue, room and location, which in my case are empty. Where do you set them?

thanks,
piersante
In reply to piersante sestini

by Phil Everist -

"I now have one more question: the confirmation email has fields for venue, room and location, which in my case are empty. Where do you set them?"

They are set as added custom fields in the settings for the face to face plugin:

Site administration / Plugins / Activity modules / Face To Face

Section - Custom Session Fields 

Create a new field for each of the 3 fields

Note: I think the  short names need to be 'venue', 'location',  'room' - all lowercase. You can use capitals in the Name field.  

In reply to piersante sestini

by John Papworth -

Hello

Where should the manager's email address field be created, and what is its short name?

TIA

John

In reply to John Papworth

by Saaid Agherdien -

Hi John

To create the manager's email address field :

Go to:

1. Site administration  / ► Users/ ► Accounts/ ► User profile fields

2. When there select   "create new profile field”

3. Complete the settings for your new field:

Common Settings:

-Short name (must be unique):    managersemail

-Name:  whatevername

-Description:  whatever .....

-Various Parameters : ...

Specific Settings

-Default value etc

When done Click on Save Changes

So the managers email must be created in the User Profile under Site administration. The shortname  = managersemail.

Hope this is helpfull.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)