Wiki

Change first page name

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Jose Londoño
Change first page name

Re: Versión 2.6

Hello:

Is it possible to change the name of the first page of a wiki once is created? It seems it isn´t possible, I can´t find how to do it.

Thanks,

Jose
@jf_londono

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Change first page name
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello there. No it isn't possible to change the name, as you have discovered.

Picture of S Moodle
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Moodle 2.6

Is it possible to rename any of the other pages in a wiki?  When I click EDIT. i don't see an option.

Picture of AL Rachels
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

Hi Jose,

If you really need to.....make a backup first!

If you have access to your Moodle database via phpmyadmin, find the table titled 'mdl_wiki'.

Browse that table and edit the entry for the wiki you want to change, then change the entry for 'firstpagetitle' to whatever you want your front page to be called. Save the change and make a mental note of the page contents and the previous first page title.

Find the table 'mdl_wiki_pages'. Browse that table looking for the previous page title in the 'title' field (if you just made the wiki, it will be the last entry)and the page contents in the 'cachedcontent' field. Edit and change the title to be the same as you changed it in 'mdl_wiki.' Save your change.

That's it...no need to copy contents and no need to delete an orphaned page, just go refresh/reload the browser view of the wiki and it should have the content on the newly named page.

"Not ideal I know, but it does work..."

Picture of Jose Londoño

Hello Mary and Al, thanks for your answers. Al, I don´t have access to the db tables; besides, this is not a critical issue, I just wanted to check about it. It´s strange to me not to be able to change the name of the first page, but at the same time, it isn´t a big deal (for me).