Question in Quiz missing the parameter or session

Question in Quiz missing the parameter or session

by Yunuen Carrillo -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am using Moodle 2.5 (Build:20130514)

I have one question in a quiz that is sending students to login again. After logging in, they click next to go to the next question in the quiz and they are sent to login again. It will never allow to go to next question. I logged as administrator and same thing happens. I am not allowed to save, or duplicate the question, I need to upload an image for this question so went to the File picker and it gives the following error "Unsupported redirect detected, script execution terminated".

I have checked the other questions in the quiz and they are ok, they pass the Session key properly between them, they access properly the Images in the File picker. I have checked other courses and quizzes, they are all working properly. So it is just this only question.

This is the Debug info:

A required parameter (attempt) was missing

More information about this error

Debug info:
Error code: missingparam
Stack trace:
  • line 476 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 532 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
  • line 40 of /mod/quiz/processattempt.php: call to required_param()

This is the URL http://mydomain/moodle/mod/quiz/attempt.php?attempt=3379&page=20

Looking at that URL, it seems to me that the parameters are being passed.

We upgraded from moodle 1.9 to 2.5 during summer 2013

All courses, students questions were brought into the 2.5 successfully.

Please could anyone share some light to understand how to solve this issue?

Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yunuen Carrillo

Re: Question in Quiz missing the parameter or session

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Those are very strange symptoms. I have no idea what could be causing that.

I suggest you look very closely and the communication between the web browser and the Moodle server. For example use Firefox or Chrome developer tools, Network tab, and look at all the requests, paying particular attention to things like POST data and cookies. That might let you see where something changes unexpectedly.