Cannot create a QuizPort: Could not insert record

Cannot create a QuizPort: Could not insert record

by Robert Maran -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Gordon

I was trying to create a quiz port (still version 1.9.11), and I suddenly keep getting this message:

"Could not insert record in database table: quizport_units". 

Of course, I can not create a quiz port. Any thoughts on how I might fix this problem?

Cheers
Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Maran

Re: Cannot create a QuizPort: Could not insert record

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Robert,
(1) enable Moodle debugging, and see if you get a more detailed error message.
(2) try adding a different type of activity (eg. a forum)
(3) check your database to make sure the quizport_units table is there
(4) ask you Moodle server admin if anything was been updated or added to the server around the time you first noticed this issue

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

Thanks for your quick reply. Different types of activities seem to be OK. The bugging enable gave this message:

NSERT INTO mdl_quizport_units ( PARENTTYPE, PARENTID, ENTRYCM, ENTRYGRADE, ENTRYPAGE, ENTRYTEXT, ENTRYOPTIONS, EXITPAGE, EXITTEXT, EXITOPTIONS, EXITCM, EXITGRADE, SHOWPOPUP, POPUPOPTIONS, TIMEOPEN, TIMECLOSE, TIMELIMIT, DELAY1, DELAY2, PASSWORD, SUBNET, ALLOWRESUME, ALLOWFREEACCESS, ATTEMPTLIMIT, ATTEMPTGRADEMETHOD, GRADEMETHOD, GRADEIGNORE, GRADELIMIT, GRADEWEIGHTING ) VALUES ( 0, 3195, 0, 100, 1, '', 15, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, null, '', 2, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1, 100, 100 )

• line 1554 of lib\dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 65 of mod\quizport\legacy\mdl_19.php: call to insert_record()
  • line 371 of mod\quizport\lib.php: call to moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 49 of mod\quizport\lib.php: call to quizport_add_or_update_instance()
  • line 284 of course\modedit.php: call to quizport_add_instance()

With the database, I am not quite sure where I should be looking but is this something?

Error

SQL query: Edit

SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM `mdl_quizport` ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1 - Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_6ec_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) 

Does this give a clue to the problem and how to fix it?

Cheers

Robert

In reply to Robert Maran

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Robert,
thanks for the extra info.

I did a Google search for your error message:

It seems your MySQL server is struggling to find disk space that it needs to create new and temporary database tables. A brief look at the links above suggests that one common cause for this is that the "TEMP" folder has been deleted, had its permissions changed, or gotten full.

I suggest you speak to your server administrator saying something like, "There seems to be a problem with our MySQL server. The error message I got is this: "Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_6ec_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)" Could you check out these links and see if any of the solutions discussed there will work for us?"

regards
Gordon 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Robert,
thanks for confirming by private email that your MySQL server is running smoothly again now after it was restarted by your admin. I am making a note of that solution here, in this public space, in the hope that it may help others who get the same MySQL error message in the future. 

best regards
Gordon