Essential theme - can I change the submenu font color?

Essential theme - can I change the submenu font color?

by mark soliman -
Number of replies: 7

Can't seem to find out how to change the submenu font color (i.e., the lower order menu text when you drill down from the custom menu)... See the attached pic. Thanks in advance.  

Attachment image.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mark soliman

Re: Essential theme - can I change the submenu font color?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try something like:

.nav-collapse.active .dropdown-menu>li>a {
    color: #fff;
}
.nav-collapse.active .dropdown-menu>li>a:hover, .nav-collapse.active .dropdown-menu>li>a:visited {
    color: #000;
}

In the custom CSS setting box.  Does not quite work if the navbar is still open when you resize the window to show the desktop version.  But does work with the desktop version.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Kees Koopman -

Thanks a lot! It works!

Kees.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Larry Wershbale -

Hi,

I tried this, and it works to turn the font whitewhen the menu is collapsed when the window is reduced in size and the background is dark, but when the window is maximized, the font remains white and can't be seen on the white background.

What else to I need to add so that the font returns to black, once the window is maximized again?

In reply to Larry Wershbale

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

This is an old post from 2014!!!

I fixed some of the dropdown menu background and link colours in Moodle core files some time ago, within the last twelve months, in Bootstrapbase. So whatever setting that is in Essential, especially when you have the option to change link and background colours for this theme, then I would have thought there should not be any text the wrong colour, unless there is an error in the LESS files somewhere in Essential?

By the way, what version of Moodle and Essential are you using?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Larry Wershbale -

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Moodle versionHelp with Moodle version
Moodle releaseHelp with Moodle release
2.6.2+ (Build: 20140422)

Not sure where to find theme version.