Unexplained error messages...

Unexplained error messages...

by Michael Wilder -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, All,

After weeks of running fine (and finally convincing administration that Moodle would be a viable lms), it suddenly died!

Following are the error messages:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /my/path/lib/moodlelib.php on line 938

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /my/path/lib/moodlelib.php on line 938

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_string() in /my/path/Documents/lms2/mod/resource/lib.php on line 12

I've been running Moodle on OS X (v.10.2.6) with PHP (v. 4.3.0) with MySQL (v.3.23.49) with no problems at all...until *wham!*...out of the blue it now only gives the above error messages.

I've tried upgrading (from version 1.0.9) to version 1.1.1...same error messages.

Anyone have any suggestions? Administration is losing confidence.

Sincerely,

Michael
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Wilder

Re: Unexplained error messages...

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You may have some wierd or corrupted text in a language file ... have you been editing your language, or changed anything there in some other way?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Unexplained error messages...

by Michael Wilder -
Hi, Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No, no changes for quite a while.

Oh well, since the restart everything works fine now.

Sorry to bother you!

Michael
In reply to Michael Wilder

Re: Unexplained error messages...working again!

by Michael Wilder -
Hmmm...

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I merely restarted the server and all is well.

Thanks anyway.

big grin