Overall quiz grade from all quizzes

Overall quiz grade from all quizzes

by Wendi Daniels -
Number of replies: 7

Is there a way that you could have a quiz at the end of various sections...BUT, the overall quiz grade from ALL the quizzes pooled together equals 70%.

In other words, let's say I have 5 sections, and each section has 10 questions. They could get 6/10 on the first, 7/10 on the second, 6/10 on the third, 8/10 on the 4th and 10/10 on the 5th. That is 74% average, even though they fell below 70% on 2 of the 5 quizzes.

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to clarify title after moving post -  original submission Thursday, 13 March 2014, 9:37 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Re: Overall quiz grade from all quizzes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Wendi - I have moved your post from the "open book" thread as it is on a different topic.

by Wendi Daniels -

I think I found my answer...  http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Quiz_statistics_report

by dawn alderson -

LOL!

Wendi-there is nowt wrong with being mod-ed...but helps to look at the docs before posting sometimes wink

Cheers,

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by Wendi Daniels -

Yes, I posted and then looked at it, and realized my folly and just carried on...  :D

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The place to combine grades is in the Gradebook

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Wendi Daniels -

Tim, I'm sorry to be the Moodle "poster child"...could you hold my hand and walk me through this one? I need the grade to be aggregated for each COURSE, and NOT across the whole category. How do I do this? Do I need to integrate the gradebook API, or is it part of the installation?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oops - I should really have put this in the Gradebook forum, in retrospect. Sorry.  I still think Tim's Gradebook docs link is the best place for you to look, perhaps in Grade calculations

(Also, as an aside, to help you when searching the docs in future, have a read of my post on linking to documentation)