SCORM module content not visible on iPad

SCORM module content not visible on iPad

by Tropical Medical Training -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

So we recently had a test module built by an external provider.

They took some content from us and used Articulate Storyline 1.5 to create an ADL SCORM 1.2.

We were using a version of moodle that wouldn't let this module work so we updated moodle to 2.6 last weekend and are now re-trialing the module.

We can now view it using either the IMS Content Package or the SCORM Package Activity types and it works fine on desktop machines.

When we try to view the module using safari on an iPad the course is visible but when we click enter the module does not load, ie the screen is blank. For less than 1 second while it loads it shows the name of the module and a box with a yellow crescent (banana) or something see SOCRM1sml.GIF.

After that all I get is a blank module SCORM2.GIF

Can anyone assist me with this?

Attachment SCORM1sml.gif
Attachment SCORM2.GIF
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tropical Medical Training

Re: SCORM module content not visible on iPad

by Fraser Croft -

Hi,

This seems to be a well documented problem with Articulate Storyline content and Safari. The best thing to do (as recommended by Articulate) would be to download the Articulate Mobile Player which is free from the App Store. 

However, in order for this to work somebody would have had to tick the "Use Articulate Mobile Player" option when it was published.

Hope this helps!

Fraser

In reply to Fraser Croft

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

although, using the Articulate Mobile player will mean that the tracking information is not stored in Moodle which defeats the purpose of uploading it to Moodle in the first place.

In reply to Tropical Medical Training

by Douglas Brown -

Dear Tropical,

Check first on these System Requirements to see that you have the optimal delivery platform set up. Frankly I don't agree with their minimum Apple IOS5, I bet it's more like iOS6...which is what I think you have:

http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/system-requirements-for-articulate-storyline

You must not have seen about how Storyline doesn't always work on an iPad:

http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/html5-content-is-slow-or-doesnt-work-in-mobile-safari

But here is where you ought to start before rolling out Storyline/Moodle:

http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/how-to-distribute-articulate-storyline-content-for-flash-html5-and-articulate-mobile-player

In Moodle I turn off or disable pretty well everything and hope that it works. I will soon have my trial in Moodle 2.5, though I am really hanging out for 2.6 or more likely 2.7 where I hope they will finally come together and play as well as they do on the PCs.

I'm doing a trial of a number of different authoring packages including Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Smart Sparrow and SBLI.

I would actually like to continue using Storyline as I get its functionality, and think once the Tin Can API functionality is available, it is touted to be the next best thing to sliced bread (gluten free).

Please let us all know how you go.

Cheers,

Douglas

I have not yet seen what happens when I try to get Storyline to run on an iPad, as my Moodle 2.3 wouldn't show it. 

In reply to Douglas Brown

by Tropical Medical Training -

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for the information and recommendations and pointers to solutions.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Very friendly community and helpful to a new user.

Kelvin