What is the best way to move stuff around ?

What is the best way to move stuff around ?

by Andrew Gollan -
Number of replies: 1

I have been working on a huge question bank, and making representative quizzes from it in a Sandbox course. My problem is that then I want to put subsets of these quizzes into my actual courses. So I use 'Import' and it is a real pain. Back in 1.x days I remember being able to deselect everything and then just select the few things I wanted to bring in, but in 2.x that ability seems to have gone away! So I open up Import, choose my Sandbox, deselect the 6 other topics that don't have anything to do with my current project, and then I have to deselect all the quizzes I DON'T want to bring into a particular level course. This is a lot or rigmarole which wastes my time.

What is more, I then have to laboriously (one quiz at a time) move the quizzes to the topic they belong to, which happens to almost never be the topic I developed them all in in the Sandbox.

Please, O moodle deities, tell me that there is an easier way to do this, or make one.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Gollan

Re: What is the best way to move stuff around ?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Get the Sharing Cart plugin. Add it to every course.  It allows you to copy all your quizzes to a block in the sandbox course and then put them in any other course.  

The deselect all is back in later versions of Moodle - you must be on an early 2.0 version.  Alternatively you could upgrade but I recommend the Sharing Cart anyway.  Simply a must have great plugin!