Fatal Error in Gradebook for One Instructor Only

Fatal Error in Gradebook for One Instructor Only

by Nic Ruley -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 5.2.1, build 20130708

I have one instructor who, when she attempts to view grader report, sees this error:

Notice: Undefined offset: 594 in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Undefined offset: 597 in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Undefined offset: 599 in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Undefined offset: 600 in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 650
Notice: Undefined offset: 594 in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 655
Fatal error: Call to a member function is_excluded() on a non-object in /home/culturer/public_html/lib/grade/grade_grade.php on line 655

Line 650 of grade_grade.php is

$values[$itemid] = $grade_grades[$itemid]->finalgrade;

Line 655 of grade_grade.php is

if ($grade_grades[$itemid]->is_excluded()) {

I'm obviously very hesitant to change any of the code as this issue is only happening for one instructor and no one else. For troubleshooting, I removed her from her section as an instructor and added a different instructor, who was able to login with no problems. It appears to be attached to this instructor somehow.

Any and all ideas are very, very welcome.

In reply to Nic Ruley

Re: Fatal Error in Gradebook for One Instructor Only

by Bob Puffer -

Wondering if there are grades belonging to a group for which the instructor is not a part. What do you get when you run the LAE Grader?

In reply to Nic Ruley

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
If you add the instructor to a different section, does the same issue happen or is it specific to this one section?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nic Ruley -

It's unique to the instructor. When I add her as an instructor to another group, I get the same error. When I add myself as an instructor to her course, I am able to login and see the grades fine. It's purely an issue when she logs in and attempts to view the grades.

In reply to Nic Ruley

by Scott Summers -

If it just an instructor you could always just create a new account for them. So long as there is no data associated with the original account (grades, saved files) and the number of courses they are enrolled on is low it will probably be much quicker.

In reply to Nic Ruley

by Dan Bennett -

Hi Nic,

I have a client with the same issue, but with multiple users in a role (and each user is in every group) and on 2.3. Bit of a tricky one to work out.

I've raised a tracker issue MDL-45552 for it. Be grateful if you're able to add any other info!

Thanks,

Dan