Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

by Sandy Warhurst -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 2.6 (previously 2.3.2)

When logging out of Moodle, all users are seeing "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error". It still shows them as logged in and to click Continue. After clicking Continue, it logs them out. When I click the link to get more information about this error, I'm taken to the page that states:

"Coding errors (or coding_exceptions) are problems that are probably caused by incorrect code. For example a plugin that does not communicate correctly with Moodle core.

These errors are normally not caused by incorrect user input or temporary problems like the connection to the database server being down."

Below is the detailed debug message, and I attached an image of the message after I click Log Off. I don't know what it's looking for in order to fix it. No chat session was even used, but it's show in the Debug report.

[Fri Mar 07 08:41:01.407110 2014] [:error] [pid 9400] [client 10.10.110.2:58510] Default exception handler: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error Debug: Argument 1 passed to chat_user_logout() must be an instance of core\\event\\user_loggedout, instance of stdClass given\nError code: codingerror\n* line 393 of /lib/setuplib.php: coding_exception thrown\n* line 1323 of /mod/chat/lib.php: call to default_error_handler()\n* line ? of unknownfile: call to chat_user_logout()\n* line 299 of /lib/eventslib.php: call to call_user_func()\n* line 518 of /lib/eventslib.php: call to events_dispatch()\n* line 509 of /lib/classes/event/base.php: call to events_trigger_legacy()\n* line 3187 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core\\event\\base->trigger()\n* line 62 of /login/logout.php: call to require_logout()\n, referer:

Attachment after clicking logout error message shows.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandy Warhurst

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

by Sandy Warhurst -

This was resolved by deleting the table. No more errors and chat is working correctly.