Interactive Grade Report and Students Motivation

Interactive Grade Report and Students Motivation

by Nifras Ismail -
Number of replies: 6

Hi folks,

I'm Really interested to post this topic as in my view. Today every one are victim of attraction, me also. The moodle grade report is the formal form to view the grades as tabular format and it is hard to measure our progresses,  Using Graph based or any interactive format are very helpful to users can measure the progress of student progress.

Why the Top Rank Students attitude are knowing into the moodle course followers, Using Social Networks to share the Top 5 or Top 10 rankers list and motivate other students to be the top ranker

and also giving overall ranking and batches for who following the course.

This few changes changes the students mind on moodle...

Thank you

Nifras Ismail 

What your idea about this matter

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nifras Ismail

Re: Interactive Grade Report and Students Motivation

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Better display of grades - good idea, but needs to have a way to work with all sorts of grading, including advanced grading methods, marks out of X or Y, percentages, alphabetic grades and others, often within the same course.

Publishing grades, or even 'top5/10' on social media sites: personally this would be a 'No' in my opinion. Publishing student details to an external site is fraught with so many complications in many institutions, as is publishing grades to anyone other than the individual student. It would need to be treated VERY carefully as an option at the least.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Nifras Ismail -

Hi Richard,

Yes consider all grading method to make a graphical progress of each students, I will refer the leagal issue what you say.

Thank you

Nifras Ismail

by Nifras Ismail -

Hi, 

what you thing about giving gold silver platinum badges to motivate the students by giving points 

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think badges are a different proposition - the site awards the badges and the individual student chooses whether or not to display them on their own social media feeds, rather than the site potentially posting student details out. And awards like that rather than specific student grades/position in the class are also (IMO) a much safer bet for displaying within the site as well -

That said, all this is my personal opinion and it may well be that other people and other sites (and students) are perfectly happy with the idea of widely publishing student results such as you originally suggest.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Nifras Ismail -
Well Richard! I would like to post this to this year Google Summer of Code 2014 What you say?

by dawn alderson -

Nifras, hi

yes, yes, yes-but take heed of Richard's points.......some would not wish for their marks/awards to be on a social network....some might prefer....1st 2nd 3rd..........without the personal detail.

Innovation.......you cannot be wrong for an attempt.

Cheers,

Dawn