How do we make the quiz "open book" or "open notes"?

Re: How do we make the quiz "open book" or "open notes"?

by dawn alderson -
Number of replies: 0

Wendi, hi

Have just had a look at a couple of courses that have played with this idea somewhat.  If the aim is to stay in Moodle and wish to avoid opening other browsers, then some ideas follow, not ideal, but maybe helpful.

1. I saw the use of word and PDF links to docs/essential text- contained in folders...so all clicky stuff that can be held on the footbar (you may not call it this-but am sure you know what I mean wink) ...while the user can complete the quiz on screen.

2. A further innovative idea might be based on another course I saw that included the required text/chapter etc in a word doc with the quiz questions typed underneath the text or PDF of larger/longer texts, so  practise questions ...and so the practise session could be assimilated with the 'real' quiz on the screen.

From a teacher's perspective, and my understanding...could be wrong...this does appear to support the notion of self-checking as a self-learning resource, but not necessarily checking knowledge-you know seeking right or wrong outcomes, but rather, the learning is in the practise-to consolidate the knowledge...very popular in language courses, I am led to believe.

hh

Dawn