Outcomes

Outcomes

by barbara nance -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

i am trying the enable the outcomes so I can develop my use of grade book, but although I know it's under the site admin, advanced features I can't see where to do this!! Have looked in all the obvious places! Under the grade option I have:

general setting

grade categories

grade items

scale

Letters.

I am working on Moodle 5.2.1

hope someone can help me find what is most likely obvious!

cheers

barbara

In reply to barbara nance

Re: Outcomes

by Martha Gold -

Hi Barbara,

Site administration>Advanced features>Enable Outcomes (it is on the top. By default it is not enabled.)

I recommend new outcomes.

Be sure to save the settings.

Then, when you create a course page, go to the Settings column and select "Edit settings" and "Outcomes". That will enable outcomes for your course.

In reply to Martha Gold

by barbara nance -

Many thanks Martha

Weirdly it was not available there (under advanced) so asked our IT folk, and they have waved their magic wand and it became available under the advanced options for me to enable.

Many thanks for the other info as well v.helpful.

B

In reply to Martha Gold

by Jason Hardin -

Martha,

Are you hosting with Moodlerooms? Your statement of new outcomes caught my eye. Moodlerooms added that setting as part of our proposed outcome system, but that has yet to be incorporated into Moodle by Moodle HQ ( I believe this has now been postponed till Moodle 2.8).

Unfortunately only Moodlerooms clients have access to it until Moodle HQ implements the proposed Moodlerooms system. So if the option doesn't show in the enable outcomes drop down that might be why. I believe Remote Learner and Totara have their own versions of outcomes as well.

In reply to Jason Hardin

by Martha Gold -

Hi Jason,

Whoops! Yes, we are hosted by Moodlerooms. I should have checked before mentioning "new" outcomes. Nonetheless, it sounds from Barbara's last post that there are outcomes available.

-Martha

In reply to Jason Hardin

by Dan McGuire -

Jason,

Do you have any suggestions about where I might find some assistance in producing outcomes reports?  The documentation about how to use outcomes in Moodle is a bit thin.  We are NOT hosted at Moodlerooms.

Any suggestions or direction you can offer is appreciated.

thanks,

Dan