Label: Embedded YouTube video - Error

Re: Label: Embedded YouTube video - Error

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't think this is a Moodle problem actually, but a Chrome one. I have had this error using Chrome and Youtube outside of Moodle completely. A quick Google throws up some suggestions https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/tg9Om7CRmJU

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vincent Short -

Hi Mary

i am having a "similar" problem on a brand new 2.6.2+

I made a "screenshot video" uploaded it to Youtube (

some students can watch it and for others it stops after 15'

it seems to the same problem In Firefox 28.0 / Chrome and IE

this behaviour is replicated in in the 'embedded' and 'clicking on the link' version

cheers

v

ps

if you have time to watch/listen to the video can you pick up on the (english)  accent ?

In reply to Vincent Short

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm still not sure this is a Moodle problem, but an individual user browser problem (especially if clicking on the link gives the same problem) But let's wait and see what others with more technical knowledge say.

I absolutely had to listen to your video -and now you absolutely have to tell me where the English side of your accent comes fromsmile Please!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vincent Short -

Thanks for this Mary

yes i agree

i think it is a google /youtube /account / thing :/

but it is annoying as  I thought i had found a "quick cheap easy"  method to deal with the flood of video that is welling up ....

any ideas ???

=======================

so I got you on the accent smile

in a previous life i knew people who would have put your accent in the 'Wooly Back ' category

but hey people grow ( i offer as proof the link in the reply)

V

In reply to Vincent Short

by Mary Cooch -

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Birmingham, the next 6 in London/France/USA and then the last 30 in Preston Lancashire so I suppose I have gradually acquired the accent of the locals, even though it wasn't my birthplace. I've never heard of Wooly backs, but from that do I assume your accent has elements of Liverpool?smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vincent Short -

Ah that explains it

i.e. imho your accent is even more messed up sorry rich than mine as you have phonemes from everywhere

i grew up in Lpool

then Uni :Birmingham to start

then SE Asia, Australia ... Japan 6 years

and since then France

v

In reply to Mary Cooch

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Psst...careful there Mary...some of use can do a little math. big grin