PDF Annotation, not possible to scroll

PDF Annotation, not possible to scroll

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

Has anyone experienced the 'can't scroll' problem with the PDF Annotation tool in the Moodle 2.6 Assignment module?

It seems that it is not possible to scroll a PDF in order to view and annotate the bottom part of a PDF page. It is possible to jump between pages and annotate the top part of different pages, but as you can see in the attached screencast (an flv), it is not possible to scroll down to reveal the bottom part of a PDF page. Zooming out does reveal the entire page, but then the text becomes to small to read. The only way that I can reveal an entire page of a PDF is to use a large screen (in portrait mode is best), which means annotating PDFs on a laptop is not really possible.

Note that the sreencast was made using the http://demo.moodle.net/ site.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug - perhaps with Ghostscript?

flv screencast

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

Re: PDF Annotation, not possible to scroll

by Damyon Wiese -
Yes, I noticed this too late last week. I raised MDL-44456, which Andrew closed as a duplicate of MDL-44334 - but his fix for MDL-44334 which is integration this week does not fix the issue so I have failed it. Hopefully we can get this sorted soon because editpdf is pretty much completely broken because of it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers

Damyon, thank you for confirming my experience and raising the issue in the Tracker, MDL-44334. I've voted on it.

Is this issue related to the "Annotate PDF 2.6 assignment moves on iPad" problem? I see that you've started an issue in the tracker (MDL-44015) for that issue too. Thank you.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a work-around that will let you get to the other parts of the page, if you have to mark something before the fix comes out. Use the Page Up and Page Down buttons. You can also use the middle mouse button - click it, then slide the mouse up or down. Just be careful what you have selected when doing it...otherwise you might draw something you don't want to.

Both of these work for me. in Firefox and Chrome.

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Carol Hampton -

Has this now been fixed?

I am having the same problem in 2.6.2 but notice the build number looks slightly earlier, please could you let me know which version and build it was fixed in?

Thanks Carol

by Marius Jugariu -

It may be a local or compatibility issue. Works fine on Win OS on Firefox and Chrome.