Windows Download package PHP version error

Windows Download package PHP version error

by Pierre Pichet -
Number of replies: 6

Using the last Windows Moodle Distribution Moodle 2.7dev version, the installation stops with  the following message:

Moodle 2.7 or later requires at least PHP 5.4.4 (currently using version 5.3.5).
Please upgrade your server software or install older Moodle version.

Effectively the PHP requirements has been recently changed and the package needs an update.

I don't know where to put a bug in the tracker for this.

Pierre

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Pierre Pichet

Re: Windows Download package PHP version error

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, the main thing it so make sure it is reported in the tracker (in the MDL project). If you get some of the fields wrong, then someone will fix them when the issue is triaged.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rob P -

I'm running into this problem too. Has this already been put into the bug tracker? I can't find it, I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place.

I don't want to submit a new version of the bug into the tracker if it already exists. 

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I just created https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-44865 . Please check if it describes the issue correctly. I just realized the issue is only for the Windows package, as the Moodle4Mac package is fine. I   wrote the tracker issue name incorrectly.My fault. I apologize sad

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Rob P -

Sorry, I should have mentioned here that I did make a bug tracker entry already. I saw your entry got merged with mine. It should have been merged the other way around, your entry described the problem better than mine.

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

thanks everybody for reporting so promptly the problem in the Tracker.

Just FYI, I've been doing some progresses here with xampp 1.8.3-3 portable, testing it with Windows 7 (I don't have any other Windows system @ hand). And, after some more tidying and cleaning of unused stuff, we should soon have a new version available @ http://download.moodle.org/windows .

In any case, I've closed all the MDL issues as duplicate of MDLSITE-2936 that is where things are being done. I'll try to add any progress there (and here).

Ciao smile

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi again,

just to share that, after some more (successful) tests, a new XAMPP package with Moodle 2.7dev is available @ http://download.moodle.org/windows (scroll down). wink

Screenshot from downloads server

Finally, I've decided to use XAMPP 1.8.2 because it supports more Windows OSs (XAMPP 1.8.3 does not support XP and 2003) and have added the corresponding Opcache version to it as part of the packaging process, so it comes with caching enabled. cool

I've tested it under Windows 7 (that's the only flavour I've at hand), so it would be really appreciated if you can try it with anything else, from XP to 8. kiss

For more details, problems and feedback, MDLSITE-2936 is the issue covering this.

TIA and ciao smile

PS: Once we verify it's working ok for we could update current Moodle 2.6 version to use the same, newer and better, XAMPP version. Yes