More feedback sections?

More feedback sections?

by Christine Harman -
Number of replies: 4

Is it possible to get more than 4 feedback sections? I have a complex questionnaire that measures 20 items and it would help learners if they could receive feedback on all 20 items. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christine Harman

Re: More feedback sections?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Christine,

Actually, there is a built-in maximum number of 10 sections. What makes you think the maximum is 4? If there are more requests for an increase, I will increase the maximum to 20 or make it a global questionnaire setting (in a further version).

When you say "20 items", do you mean there are 20 questions in your questionnaire or 20 "potential sections", grouping a number of questions each?

Joseph

Attachment 2014-03-08_09-06-02.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Christine Harman -

Thank you. At first it showed only 4, then after adding 20 questions to the questionnaire, the drop down box showed 10 sections available.

I have a questionnaire of 100 items that breaks into 20 response topics. I can break it down into 5 separate questionnaires (20 questions each with 4 response topics) though the respondents would not see the cohesiveness and relationship of the 20 items their responses have the possibility to reflect.

In reply to Christine Harman

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I see. I'll think about a solution to this problem for a future version.

In the meantime, if you feel confident enough to hack your questionnaire files, it's easy. In file questionnaire/settings.form locate this line : $defaultsections = 10; and change the value to any other value that you want.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Douglas Ward -

We updated the $defaultsections value in questionnaire/settings_form.php. That resolved the issue for us. Thanks!