cannot open collapsed topics after upgrade to 2.6.1

cannot open collapsed topics after upgrade to 2.6.1

by Klaus-Dieter Möller -
Number of replies: 3

I've used collapsed topics since moodle version 1.9. I've upgrade successfully to moodle-2.2, 2.4 and 2.5. But after upgrading to 2.6.1 the topics are there but toggles didn't work. I've removed collapsed topics in the previous moodle version and reinstalled it in the upgraded version 2.6.1. Toggles in courses which used collapsed topics in the previous version didn't work, in courses which didn't use them in the previous version they do work.

I attach a screenshot with debug info.

Attachment screen.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Klaus-Dieter Möller

Re: cannot open collapsed topics after upgrade to 2.6.1

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Klaus-Dieter,

Thank you for posting the screen shot.  The reason that the toggles do not work is because they rely on JavaScript and that is broken because of the navigation block failure you can see in the screen shot.

Given your explanation of the situation, please could you backup the affected course and restore it as a new one and see if that makes a difference.  I'm thinking along the lines that some content is causing markup structure failure and hence confusing the JavaScript code.

Cheers,

Gareth

P.S. When switching to the 'Topics' format for the problem course and reloading the page do you still get the same error in the console?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Klaus-Dieter Möller -

Hi Gareth,

backup and restore did it smile Thanks for your help!

Klaus-Dieter

In reply to Klaus-Dieter Möller

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No worries.  I'm glad its fixed.  Very odd though!