Course appears to be deleted

Course appears to be deleted

by Greig Frankham -
Number of replies: 8

I am running 2.6 with Essentials 2.7(from memory).

My course setting defaults were set with the course default settings FORMAT set as TOPICS.

I had created quite a comprehensive course, however it didn't look how I wanted it to look. I wanted collapsible topic headings as it becomes too long if they are all showing at once.

I changed the defaults FORMAT to SINGLE ACTIVITY.

Now my course has disappeared.

I changed the FORMAT back to TOPICS.

The course has still disappeared.

Can anyone advise how to revive my course?

Secondly, how should I set it up to have collapsible topics so the student just sees the topic headings and can open the required topic to work on that section without having to scroll down through a huge long page to find what they want?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greig Frankham

Re: Course appears to be deleted

by Greig Frankham -

I found the setting to make it one section per page under course settings. I've made that default for now.

I still can't see the course that was created however. any help is greatly appreciated(and urgent)...Thanks in advance.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Greig,

I just did a quick test to the 'Single Activity' format and when selected it displays the warning underneath:

"When changing the existing course format to "Single activity" make sure that you removed all extra activities from the course including the "News forum". Note that sections structure may be modified."

Then after setting and switching back it appears that all of the activities and resources have been placed in section one and that whole section has been hidden.

With regards Collapsed Topics I cannot understand why in 'Show all sections on one page' that the topics were not listed with the toggles closed such that your students did not have to scroll down - could you post a screen shot please.  There is a setting that the administrator can set that all of the sections are open the first time a user accesses the course, but if they then use 'Close all' then they will remain closed when they return.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Greig Frankham -

I just went and did it again. No warning came up. maybe it's an essentials thing, not sure.

I wasn't able to expand or collapse. I will go in as a clean theme and see what it looks like.

Greig

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is the message I get in Essential release 2.7 (Build: 20140203), version 2014020300:

Attachment 2014-03-07 10_16_13-Edit course settings.png

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Has the courses itself vanished or just the activities?  Maybe the activities are orphaned?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Greig Frankham -

Hi Emma

The whole course has gone.

The category had 2 courses in it, now it has one.

yet other courses I had created but hadn't put content into are still there.

by Greig Frankham -

OK, I went to clean theme and it was there. I went back to essentials and it was still there. This is weird.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well glad it came back.  I had a teacher switch to a single activity format by mistake and she was all confused!  I was able to get hers back without too much issue but not using Essentials.