Getting rid of hardcoded font size tags in 1.5

Getting rid of hardcoded font size tags in 1.5

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello everyone.
It was my understanding that the re-designing of the CSS stylesheets in version 1.5 would entail the total disparition of such hardcoded tags as <font size ="1"> etc. Such hard-coded tags take precedence over the CSS-coded classes and are an endless source of problems for theme designing.
So I have been quite surprised wide eyesto notice the presence of those tags in admin/index.php, starting at line 347. When I look at the html output, I fail to understand the point of such hard-coding. I'd be very grateful if those hard-coded tags were totally removed from further revisions of Moodle.smile
Thanks in advance,
Joseph_R

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Getting rid of hardcoded font size tags in 1.5

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Thank you very much for pointing to that font tag. Please consider it a bug and write a bug report. In the bug tracker it won't get lost.

The Moodle change to the content layer via XHTML and presentation layer via CSS pragmatically goes the onion way. First change the rough outer and some more inner skins and after and after all the hidden skins that get visible afterwards.

If you compare versions 1.4 and 1.5 you will see that Moodle is on the best way to a clean separation of content and presentation. And every help on this way is very much welcome.

Urs