New WebEx Meeting activity module

New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Eric Merrill -
Number of replies: 40
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have published a new module, WebEx Meeting, that allows you to tightly integrate Cisco WebEx with Moodle.

It is located over in the plugin database.

Some key features are:

• Seamlessly creates users for meeting hosts.
  • Schedule meetings simply by adding the activity.
  • Host or join meeting from within Moodle.
  • Hosts can view a sharable link for non-Moodle users to join the meeting.
  • Recordings are automatically associated with the activity, allowing students (or teachers) to go back and view past sessions from within the activity.
  • Ability to hide, rename, or delete recordings from an activity.
  • Admins can use the module to help manage all recordings in WebEx.

It is currently in beta, so there are known limitations, and there are expected to be some bugs or rough edges, but we are currently using it on a Moodle site with about 25000 users, and about 100 instructors are using the plugin.

Give it a try and leave feedback here or over in the tracker.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Merrill

תשובה ל: New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Irith Herman -

Hi

I tried to install the plugin but I couldn"t

it says that requires  version Moodle 2013101800 before the installation.

I Have moodle 2,5

Irith

In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Correct, as listed in the plugins database, the module only support Moodle 2.6 and higher.

In reply to Eric Merrill

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Irith Herman -

What a pity

I really need it, the one that is the site at the moment is not working

Irith

In reply to Eric Merrill

Re: New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Ernesto Yannini -

Hi Eric!

I install the module in my Moodle 2.6 and im getting this error: An error ocurred in WebEx while processing XML:110001 Corresponding MeetingType not found.

I contact webex an they tell me that all the configuration was ok and this error is from my moodle installation.

Im using a brand new moodle without modification.

Any thoughts or what else do i have to do?

Attach setting of my moodle webex settings page.

Thanks!

In reply to Ernesto Yannini

by Eric Merrill -

There is a contrib ticket open for this at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-5171 which I'm going to comment on - that it the best place to track it.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Roger Domínguez Argemí -

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem and there are no news about the error in the Tracker ticket. 

I tried to contact you via email and I have no answer.

Another question: in my configuration plugin form there is no field for ID Partner. Do you know why?

Best regards,

RD

In reply to Roger Domínguez Argemí

by Eric Merrill -

I sent you a response.

The partner ID was not needed, so I removed it. I have now updated the docs.

In reply to Ernesto Yannini

by Eric Merrill -

If you go to your webex page, login, then go to the site admin page, it should list service and session types. Can you take a screen shot of that (including the index) and email it directly to me, or attache it the the ticket I posted.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Sabine Kensy -

Hi Eric,

is there a posssibility to integrate Webex eventcenter as well? Or a plan to built an integration?

thx
Sabine

In reply to Sabine Kensy

by Eric Merrill -

Maybe.

Unfortunately, Event Center works very differently from a web-service perspective (how I interact with the WebEx servers). I actually originally planned to, and my module is made very extensible, but it was just too when I was working on it originally. That being said, I think it would be possible, I just don't know when I might have the time to dig into it.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Andrea Rappa -

Hi Eric,

are there any news about the WebEX Event ?
Would be nice to have this module integrated.

Thank you

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Guy Levert -

Are there sites we can view where the WebEx Activity plug-in is being used?

Thanks,

Guy

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Debbie McDonald -

Can you tell me if there is someway to connect with the telephone conferencing portion of WebEx or does this only work with headset and speakers?

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Pralad Dessai -

Hi Eric,

I have installed your plugin in Moodle 2.9.5 version. I created one user and enrolled him into one course as a teacher. The user is able to create webex sessions in moodle but when I click 'Host meeting' on the session page, I get the following error:

An error occurred in WebEx while processing XML: 000001 Access denied, additional privileges are required

Please help.

Thanks,

Pralad

In reply to Pralad Dessai

by Eric Merrill -

Unfortunately that error is very generic in the docs. Are you able to turn on developer debugging on that site? It would give me more information about what is causing the error. If so, email me directly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eric Merrill

by Pralad Dessai -
Hi Eric,
I turned on the developer debugging mode. It is giving me the following error:

Debug info: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><serv:message xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:serv="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service"><header><securityContext><webExID>webexadmin</webExID><password>*****</password><siteName>linkstreet</siteName></securityContext></header><body><bodyContent xsi:type="java:com.webex.service.binding.meeting.GethosturlMeeting"><sessionKey>952927705</sessionKey></bodyContent></body></serv:message>
Error code: webexxmlexception
Stack trace:
  • line 524 of \mod\webexactivity\classes\webex.php: mod_webexactivity\local\exception\webex_xml_exception thrown
  • line 581 of \mod\webexactivity\classes\local\type\base\meeting.php: call to mod_webexactivity\webex->get_response()
  • line 193 of \mod\webexactivity\view.php: call to mod_webexactivity\local\type\base\meeting->get_authed_host_url()

by Eric Merrill -

To confirm:

The user configured in the Moodle plugin settings is an admin user, correct?

The user you are trying to make and join a meeting with isn't an admin in webex?

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Pralad Dessai -

I have configured WebEx admin user in WebEx meeting settings.

I'm using meeting center. I have selected 'available' and 'available to all users' in meeting center field.

I created one user in moodle and then enrolled that user as teacher in a course. I was able to schedule webex meeting in moodle(It created the host account in webex.com site as well) but when I click on 'host meeting' I'm getting the below error. when I click on 'Join meeting' it is working fine.

The error I'm getting is: An error occurred in WebEx while processing XML: 000001 Access denied, additional privileges are required

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Pralad Dessai -

Please reply...

by Eric Merrill -

I am not sure what is causing your problem - I have never seen a report like this one before. The error implies that it wasn't the webex admin that created the meeting (all actions taken by the plugin are actually done by the admin account you set in Moodle settings page). So I would guess something is configured incorrectly, but I'm not sure if it is in Moodle or WebEx.

To be clear - we are a University that wrote this plugin for our own use, and publish it for the community to use. We don't have the resources to provide general support - I use my personal time to help when I can. This plugin is not affiliated with WebEx in any way.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by David Morrow -

Greetings!

Thank you for this plugin!

My large K-12 district is considering purchasing Cisco WebEx Training Center. We are running Moodle 3.1, with plans to upgrade to 3.3 over the summer. Are there plans to update this plugin for 3.3?

Thanks,

David

In reply to David Morrow

by Eric Merrill -

We run the latest and greatest most of the time, so yes, it will be updated for 3.3 when appropriate. Works with 3.2 currently.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eric Merrill

by David Morrow -

Eric,

Thank you for the rapid response! And great news on top of that.

And forgive my abrupt question. I received an email this afternoon from my supervisor with a Cisco brochure attached and asking for my thoughts, and I was scrambling a bit. I wanted to be able to give her an idea of what integrations were available and how well-supported.

Right now, I'm not sure what is planned, but it helped being able to provide information about the future.

Thank you!

David

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Nella E. -

Hi Eric,

We have a meeting center account in Webex and we installed the plugin in our Moodle 3.2.1+, but when try to create an activity we have this error.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: WebEx exception 110001 when creating new user.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you.

In reply to Nella E.

by Eric Merrill -

This usually happens because their is a limit on the number of users that can be created in WebEx, and the plugin can't create the user. 

For testing, create a user in Moodle with the same username and email address as an existing webex user. Then login to Moodle as that user and try to create a meeting.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by David Sanchez -

Dear Merrill thanks a Lot for your work and help with this plugin, I already installed the plugin but when I tried to open the link host meeting or Join meeting I get always this message:

The URL Domain was blocked, please contact the admin site:

https://funlam.webex.com/cmp3200/webcomponents/widget/invaliddomain.do?siteurl=funlam&domainname=virtual.funlam.edu.co&AT=ST&ST=SUCCESS

In reply to David Sanchez

by Andrea Rappa -

Hi,

i have same problem. Do you can help me?

thank you.

a.

by Adolfo Juárez Briones -

Saludos

Han probado que hagan match los dominios de solicitud y aprobación es decir en lugar de :

https://funlam.webex.com/cmp3200/webcomponents/widget/invaliddomain.do?siteurl=funlam&domainname=virtual.funlam.edu.co&AT=ST&ST=SUCCESS

Que fuera:

https://virtual.funlam.edu.co.webex.com/cmp3200/webcomponents/widget/invaliddomain.do?siteurl=funlam&domainname=virtual.funlam.edu.co&AT=ST&ST=SUCCESS

Es decir asi haría match los dominios de origen y destino para verificar el trafico.

comenten me por favor

by José González -

Hello David, 

You could unistall and then reinstall the Moodle plugin.

When you finally re-install the plugin and schedule the Webex metting.

You go to the Host meeting and then rigth-click --> open link in new window (it could be show the same error) but you do this twice and the Error gets fix it.

I did it, and it solves the issue!

Best Regards!

In reply to José González

Solution domain has been Blocked

by José González -

Hola La solución al problema:

The URL's domain has been blocked. Contact your site administrator for more details

es la siguiente en la documentación de Cisco Webex

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX91755/Error-The-URL-s-domain-has-been-blocked-Contact-your-site-administrator-for-more-details

Saludos!

The Solution abouth this issue:

The URL's domain has been blocked. Contact your site administrator for more details

is into the cisco webex site

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX91755/Error-The-URL-s-domain-has-been-blocked-Contact-your-site-administrator-for-more-details

Best Regards!

In reply to Eric Merrill

by lital l -

Hi,

I'm running Moodle 3.4.2

I installed WebEx plugin version  2017111400

When I trying to create new event, when I save the activity, I'm getting the following error:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: WebEx exception 030105 when creating new user.

Error code: codingerror

• line 456 of /mod/webexactivity/classes/user.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 117 of /mod/webexactivity/classes/user.php: call to mod_webexactivity\user->save_to_webex()
  • line 773 of /mod/webexactivity/classes/local/type/base/meeting.php: call to mod_webexactivity\user::load_for_user()
  • line 260 of /mod/webexactivity/classes/local/type/base/meeting.php: call to mod_webexactivity\local\type\base\meeting->get_host_webex_user()
  • line 797 of /mod/webexactivity/classes/local/type/base/meeting.php: call to mod_webexactivity\local\type\base\meeting->save_to_webex()
  • line 96 of /mod/webexactivity/lib.php: call to mod_webexactivity\local\type\base\meeting->save()
  • line 124 of /course/modlib.php: call to webexactivity_add_instance()
  • line 154 of /course/modedit.php: call to add_moduleinfo()

Can you help me please?

Is there some settings in WebEx that I need to set before?

Thanks

In reply to lital l

by lital l -

Now I'm getting 

WebEx exception 010035 when creating new user

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Ruth Bor -

Hi Eric.

Before configuration of your plugin or the Webex Education Connerctor for Moodle i wondered what is the deference between those 2? are they alternatives or do i have to install/configure both?

Thanks!

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Andréa Oliveira -

Hey Eric!

I did all the setup as per the installation manual. When the user clicks to join the meeting, the following information appears:
"The meeting is not in progress. It may not have started, or has already ended."

can anybody help me?

version moodle: 3.3

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Muhammad Fareeduddin -

I have installed this plugin on Moodle 3.8.2. It installed successfully, But when I tried to add it in the course activity, it gives me 404 error. Please help me out.

In reply to Eric Merrill

Ri: New WebEx Meeting activity module

by Emanuel Bechis -

ciao,

Small suggestion:

when a meeting is ended, and deleted from webex it' not possible edit anymore the activity in moodle. For example if I need to edit the description to adding the reference to the next meeting. I my case I solve the issue editing the function webexactivity_update_instance adding this line:

$startmeeting = $data->starttime;
    $now = time();
    if ($startmeeting > $now){

try {
        return $meeting->save();
    } catch (Exception $e) {
        $collision = ($e instanceof \mod_webexactivity\exception\webex_user_collision);
        $password = ($e instanceof \mod_webexactivity\exception\bad_password);
        if ($collision || $password) {
            \mod_webexactivity\webex::password_redirect($PAGE->url);
        } else {
            throw $e;
        }
        throw $e;
    }
    }else{
        $data->id = $data->instance;
        $DB->update_record('webexactivity',$data);
        return true;
    }

ciao

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Jörg Schäfer -
until now we have used your plugin version 3.8.0
if we did not set a meeting password there, a random password was generated and displayed as meeting password at " Get external participant link" ... "external users with Participants will also need to know the meeting password: xxx"

in the current version 3.9.0 no text "Participants will also need to know the meeting password: xxx" is displayed under "Get external participant link"
Is this intentional?

If a meeting password is set, it is also displayed

Greetings Jörg
In reply to Jörg Schäfer

by shivshankar kesha -

HI 

Can we schedule recurring meeting using this plugin.

Thank you,
Shivashankar Kesha.

In reply to Eric Merrill

by Sanjay P. K. -
I see an error message when trying to launch the WebEx session created using this plugin from the mobile app. Is this plugin not supported?
In reply to Eric Merrill

by Shelley Hibbert -

Hi

Is there any functionally to have different WebEx accounts on your plugin?

Thanks