Theme Designer issue

Theme Designer issue

by Simon Allison -
Number of replies: 4

We currently have the educator theme installed and has been working fine

What I did was change a few parts in the css, then cleared the theme cache.

and now its lost the stylesheet, so I went back into the css and revert the changes.

Since then, I redownloaded the theme, as I thought it was the theme issue but I can happily copy this theme and put it on my test box (same moodle version  2.5.3+ (Build: 20131115) )

So then found turning on theme designer, the theme comes back OK, but if I turn it off, the stylesheet(s) disappear.

I already tried uninstalling the theme, purging cache several times, clearing theme cache. 

any suggestions on what it could be ?  or to try next?   

I feel there is something broken in the moodle files somewhere 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Allison

Re: Theme Designer issue

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Simon,

Thank you for sharing your observation, which doesn't seem to be theme related as it was reported for the Elegance theme as well. I can only see the Elegance theme on my test site Moodle 2.6.1 build 20140228) with theme designer mode on. I have no additional blocks or other plugins installed beside Gareth's collapsed topics course format. This also occurred with a fresh installation of Moodle Bitnami version 2.6. At that time I thought the problem was theme related. Now I see that this happens with other themes as well.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by David Scotson -
Are you all using Windows Servers by any chance?

edit: Bitnami looks like it's Linux, so never mind, just a red herring.
In reply to David Scotson

by Hartmut Scherer -

@Simon

Not that I know.

@David,

I used bitnami-moodle-2.6-0-windows-installer in Windows 8 for my local installation.

With kind regards,

Hartmut