IMS Enterprise Plugin Feature Request

IMS Enterprise Plugin Feature Request

by Matthew Orlando -
Number of replies: 0

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum for this.

Currently the IMS Enterprise Plugin does an excellent job of enrolling and unrolling students from a course. It also has the nice feature of being able to place students into groups when they are enrolled (based on the information provided in the XML file).

What the plugin does not have a way of handling, however, is moving students from one group to another. Let me provide an example.

Note: Our courses are unique to Course + Teacher. Course sections are created as groups within the course.

Student John Smith enrolls in Math 101 with Professor X. He is enrolled in section 03. This information is included in the XML file, and the plugin will correctly enroll him in the course, within section (group) 03.

The following week, John Smith drops section 03 but enrolls in section 05 which is also taught by Professor X. Same course, same professor, different section.

The plugin will place him in section (group) 05, but also leaves him in section (group) 03.

I tried to program around this by unenrolling the student and then re-enrolling the student. However, this becomes a problem if the course has groups that were not created by the plugin.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to program around this limitation I am definitely open to suggestions.  Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -