SNAPP and Moodle 2.5

SNAPP and Moodle 2.5

by Andrew Chambers -
Number of replies: 6

This is my first post as I don't usually frequent the more technical discussions. However I'm trying to get SNAPP (www.snappvis.org) to work with our UNSW Moodle instance and it will only work with some forum types. The developer assures us it should work with all types but "Single Simple" doesn't work, standard forum type does. It's a very effective visualisation tool and I would like to introduce it to our teaching staff. Does anyone in this group use SNAPP or could hazard a guess as to why it might not work with "Single Simple". I will be meeting the developer virtually on Friday along with a co-tester in UNSW Learning and Teaching and any suggestions or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew Chambers

UNSW AGSM Programs

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Chambers

Re: SNAPP and Moodle 2.5

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Sometimes this is a deliberate decision by Moodle.org to maintain a consistent security feature or it may be that the plugin to enable SNAPP to work some forums is not generalized sufficiently, or may be the number of different forum types people do actually use in their Moodles are too numerous to make sure the plugin works across all of them.

I would suggest you repost this into the Developer's forum though. Many Devs do look here but many will usually look only at the Devs forum or their specific interest forum. Sorry I can't be more encouraging, but the Devs are often so tied to their specific areas of interest they do not get a lot of time to look elsewhere.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Andrew Chambers -

Thanks Colin, I'll repost as you advise. I suspect it could also be related to a theme issue. But am not sure, originally a couple of us couldn't get it to work at all, then it suddenly started working. No idea on why it started working, as originally it was put down to a theme issue, but they never changed the theme and it just started working, but only in some forum types! A mystery.

by Andreas Panagiotopoulos -

I also have tried to use snapp with no success. What I understood is that it doesn't work with moodle version 2.5.xxx.

And it does work properly with oldest version (for example it works with v. 2.5.3. - I have tried it).

Andreas 

by Andreas Panagiotopoulos -

I also have tried to use snapp with no success. What I understood is that it doesn't work with moodle version 2.5.xxx.

And it does work properly with oldest version (for example it works with v. 2.5.3. - I have tried it).

Andreas 

In reply to Andreas Panagiotopoulos

by Francesca Ravanelli -

I have also problem with SNAPP, it does not work withMoodle version 2.5.

I tried to use Safari, Firefox (I adjusted setting before) but it appaers a window that says there are security blocks related to Java.

Snapp 1.5 works on an old operating system, but it does not show the graph.

I am waiting for your help....

Thanks,

Francesca

In reply to Francesca Ravanelli

by Brigitte Kreplin -

Hi,

Today I tried our Moodle2.6.2 with SNAPP 2.1. It didn't work sad

As you said the problem is caused by Java and it's security levels. Help  doesn't really help.

I posted my question in a related Google group and hope for an answer.

Greetings

Brigitte (FernUniversität, Germany)