Restrict Access settings

Restrict Access settings

by Tyler Torola -
Number of replies: 5

Following the wiki on this page it says that you can set the conditions of access based on grouping assignments which is exactly what I am trying to accomplish, but I fail to see how this is possible looking at the "Access Settings" block on our moodle page. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyler Torola

Re: Restrict Access settings

by ben reynolds -

The grouping assignment access restriction is not in the access settings area. It is in "Groups."

In reply to ben reynolds

by Tyler Torola -

Could you elaborate? Do you mean under Course Administration >> Users >> Groups?

In reply to Tyler Torola

by ben reynolds -

Exactly so. You can put students Armonius thru Zero into a Grouping, upload them through flat file, and they'll be in Grouping Z, assuming you have already created Grouping Z.

BUT, you need to turn on Groupings in Site Admin > Experimental >  Groupings > Yes.

Look up the docs on Groupings, and you're in biz.

In reply to ben reynolds

by ben reynolds -

Oops, I don't think you can upload them to a Grouping via flat file. Sorry,

In reply to Tyler Torola

by Tyler Torola -

Let me clear things up a bit, what I am trying to do is take a particular activity, a test in this situation, and make said test only visible to a set of students and hide it to the rest. I was doing it beforehand with the "Access Settings" by restricting visibility of the activity to just one student's ID number, but I now need to provide access to two different students and there doesn't seem to be an "or" option for ID numbers nor an option to limit by group.

Is there a better solution for this than I am seeing?

Thanks.