Moodle 2.5.2+: On front page, i want to display only enrolled courses and categories in combo list

Moodle 2.5.2+: On front page, i want to display only enrolled courses and categories in combo list

by Manvendra Singh -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

On the front page, when selected combo list in front page settings, it shows all the courses and categories, in which the user is not enrolled. Although he can't see those courses, but why to show him names of those courses.

I have been seeing this as a problem for a long time, but has not been able to do anything. Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks and Regards,

Manvendra Singh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manvendra Singh

Re: Moodle 2.5.2+: On front page, i want to display only enrolled courses and categories in combo list

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Manvendra,

You could set the frontpage for logged in users to 'MyHome' by default -> My_Moodle#Default_home_page

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Moodle 2.5.2+: On front page, i want to display only enrolled courses and categories in combo list

by Manvendra Singh -

Hello,

I had done that earlier, problem with that is, No categories are shown. It simply displays all the enrolled courses. I need something like combo list, with only enrolled courses and categories. Please suggest something. Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks and Regards,

Manvendra Singh.

In reply to Manvendra Singh

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, I wish you had stated that earlier.

Right, you could try restricting the Course_list#Courses_per_page as that I believe will reduce down to categories when exceeded.