Make Chat Room - Get Blank Page

Make Chat Room - Get Blank Page

by A.G. Pate -
Number of replies: 7
When I try to create a chat room, I go through the motions (put in title, description, etc.) but when I click "Save Changes" I end up with a blank page.

If I reload my course page, the chat room IS there but, again, if I try to open it, I get a blank page.

It's very strange (and I didn't have this problem before I upgraded to 1.5). Sniff!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to A.G. Pate

Re: Make Chat Room - Get Blank Page

by John Papaioannou -
Try to turn debug on from your configuration / variables page and see if there are any error messages displayed which might give a clue.

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Jonathan Konrad -
We are experiencing the same problem. To try to fix this I have changed the IP address in the chat settings to match the machine instead of the loop-back address of 127.0.0.1. I have also started up the chat daemon from a unix shell. The daemon is running , but I still have a blank window when I enter a chat room. Any ideas? Also, my CPU utilization shot up to about 80% with the daemon running. What is the comand to shutdown the daemon?

Thanks.
In reply to Jonathan Konrad

by John Papaioannou -
Try to start the daemon with the -v and -l parameters so that it logs everything, and see what gets written to the logfile.

There is no special command to shutdown the daemon, as it runs as a normal process. You can use the kill command to kill it, or you can hit CTRL+C if it's in the foreground. If you used a command line ending with & and the daemon started in the background, you can use the fg command to bring it into the foreground.
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Sonia Pestana -

I have 2 moodles in the same server.

One of it is 1.6.1 and the chat works fine.

Another one is Moodle 1.6.2 and the chat get a blank page...

In reply to Sonia Pestana

by prakash msamy -

Hai i am new for moodle. How to create chat room.Please help me
In reply to A.G. Pate

New here

by Love Shane -
yo people! can somebody help me to make my own chat room? shy
In reply to Love Shane

Re: New here

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi to both of you. This is the main Moodle site where people post about problems they might have with Moodle and others answer them - you can't actually create chatrooms of you own here. I wonder if you were planning instead to make a chat room on your own establishment's Moodle but came here by mistake?