Student Cannot View Grades in Gradebook

Student Cannot View Grades in Gradebook

by Nick Fisher -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there,

We are using Moodle 2.2.11 (Build: 20130708).

The students in a course I have set up can view the gradebook icon under Course Administration. However when they click on it, they get this message:

In Course settings, the 'show gradebook to students' is 'Yes' and under the student permissions in site administration, the student is able to view their own gradebook. As an administrator I can view the course gradebook.

I am sure I am missing something obvious here. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Nick

In reply to Nick Fisher

Re: Student Cannot View Grades in Gradebook

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please turn on debugging and then try it again.  That should give you details about the error.  Is this a new install/upgrade?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nick Fisher -

Hi Emma,

It is a hosted version.

When do I run debugging? When I try to access the grades as a student?

Thanks,

Nick

In reply to Nick Fisher

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, turn on debugging, then login as a student and try to view grades.  It should show you a more detailed error report.  Depending on your hosting level, this might be something that they have caused with an upgrade or something.  It could also possibly be a permissions issue.  You need to make sure that you log in as a student and not just switch to student role.