Managers & Course Creators Can't create new courses

Managers & Course Creators Can't create new courses

by Christian Fudge -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I've searched for an answer for the past two days to no avail. Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I have given Manager and course creator roles to various members of staff on specific categories but they are unable to create new courses. They can edit existing ones as expected. No settings were changed initially for these roles. I have since enabled anything to do with creating courses, managing categories and enrolments but it still won't allow new courses to be created.

The "add a new course" button appears and they are able to enter all settings etc for the course. However, when they click "Save Changes" the page just refreshes. The admin account works perfectly and forwards onto the enrolment page. There must be an overriding setting somewhere but I am stumped.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Fudge

Re: Managers & Course Creators Can't create new courses

by Christian Fudge -

I have finally figured out the problem. It was with the collapsed topics format. I have updated to the latest version of this plugin and users can now create new courses using this format. I hope this helps someone as it's caused me no end of head aches!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Christian Fudge

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry that you encountered the problem and spent so long on it.  It was reported to me back in December 2013 and I quickly put out a solution: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=246050.  It also affected the Grid format.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Christian Fudge -

Hi Gareth,

No need to apologise, I should've checked for updates as a first point of call. I'm still relatively new to Moodle.

Thanks for making such a great plugin, I've made it the default course layout here.

Thanks for keeping it updated and thanks for your response.