how to upload multiple feedback files independent of submission files

how to upload multiple feedback files independent of submission files

by Joe Amatrucola -
Number of replies: 0

I am familiar with the process introduced in 2.4 wherein a teacher can download all students' files submitted via an assignment, extract the zip, edit the files (without changing the filenames), re-zip the files, and then upload the zip file as feedback.  No problem.  What I am trying to do is slightly different.  I had 80 students submit their assignments (MS Access Databases), and I've created a written feedback report for each student (a PDF document) that I'd like to upload into the Assignment Activity as feedback.  I thought I could just name all the PDFs similarly to the filenames given to the databases in the downloaded zip (including the student's name and "participant id" (that number that appears in the filename right after the student's name), but it doesn't seem to be working.  When I zip up all the PDFs, I get the message: "No Changes" under "Confirm Zip Upload"

To be very clear, here's an example.  I download the zip of 80 databases.  One student's database file in the zip is named:
Smith, Henry_105449_assignsubmission_file_My Database.accdb

I created a file named Smith, Henry_105449_FeedbackReport.pdf ,added it to a zip file, and uploaded it back to the assignment activity as feedback.  I was unsuccessful.

Am I trying to do something that is not possible?  I'm using Moodle 2.6

Average of ratings: -