Adding to TaskChain from different Files

Adding to TaskChain from different Files

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 11

Hi Gordon,

I gather you are busy, or away?  Sorry to keep adding more questions here.  I'm just working on a deadline to convert to Moodle 2.6 by end of March so hoping to iron out the various problems.

I have found that if I try to add more tasks to an existing TaskChain via: Edit Tasks>Add (more) Tasks>select file from File Systems Repository - it adds the new task and renders the existing tasks in the TaskChain unusable.  I have copied the error I get below.

I have gotten round this by adding all the files I need for the TaskChain in one file, but due to the way I originally built the files it means I have to put all the files for four large TaskChains into one file and I end up with over 1,000 items in the file.

So I have two questions:

1.  Is it possible to build TaskChains from different source files?

2.  If I use a file with over 1,000 items will it slow down the functioning of Taskchain while it has to search for the various resources in the file?

Thank you,

Deborah

Source file not found (or empty): /A_es_R28.htm

More information about this error

Debug info: 
Error code: sourcefilenotfound
Stack trace:
  • line 965 of /mod/taskchain/locallib/taskchain_task.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 849 of /mod/taskchain/locallib/taskchain_task.php: call to taskchain_task->get_file()
  • line 313 of /mod/taskchain/locallib/taskchain_task.php: call to taskchain_task->get_source()
  • line 1262 of /mod/taskchain/locallib.php: call to taskchain_task->get_outputformat()
  • line 64 of /mod/taskchain/attempt.php: call to mod_taskchain->get_attempt_subtype()
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Adding to TaskChain from different Files

by Deborah Delin -

Correction to this query. 

I just tried to add a new task to a Taskchain by uploading it via FTP to the repository file containing the existing tasks in the chain.  Then I added it to the Taskchain via Edit Tasks.  And it caused the same problem I described above. 

So my experience is that it is not possible to add new tasks to a TaskChain.  

I'd be very grateful for your input Gordon.

Thank you.

Deborah

by Deborah Delin -

Yes!  I am able to add new tasks now!

Thank you so much!

Deborah

by Jeff Finnan -

Deborah and Gordon,

I may have run into a related problem. I wanted to substitute one HotPot for another HotPot within a task in a Taskchain after the TaskChain had been set via the edit tasks option as Deborah used. I set the new HotPot as "main" file but it would not take. If I uploaded and overwrote the original HotPot, that changed HotPot would be presented in the TaskChain.

I had not mentioned it since I had a work around.

Later,

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jeff, Deborah
I am back from the Japan MoodleMoot now. Had a wonderful time, most of it spent offline chatting and conferring. I have some quzlity time now though to work through the issues you have reported with TaskChain.

cheers
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -

Welcome back!!  Relieved and looking forward to your responses.

Thank you,

Deborah

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Deborah, the adding of new task files seems to be functional new. Please update your TaskChain module when you have tine to do so.

Jeff, changing a task's file is not quite working. Please give me another day or so.

regards
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

The TaskChain download available at https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_taskchain seems to be the same as the one I have currently installed (2014021082).  Should I wait a couple of days before upgrading TaskChain?

Thank you.

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Deborah,

i will update the plugins repository tomorrow but in the mean time please use the following zip file:

https://github.com/gbateson/moodle-mod_taskchain/archive/master.zip

regards

Gordon

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Gordon,

No Problem. I kind of knew about it and knew how to deal with it.

Thanks nevertheless.

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Jeff,

I found that updating a task's source file did not always reset the "output format" setting and this was causing the file to be displayed using an incorrect output format.

I have fixed that issue so I believe that now you should be able to update /overwrite a task's file, even change it to a new kind of file, and it should be displayed as expected in TaskChain.

Please update when you have a chance and let me know if this fixes the issues you were having.

best regards
Gordon