configure certificate to an activity

configure certificate to an activity

by Michael Zehr -
Number of replies: 2

I've installed certificates but can't get the certificate to link to an activity.

Ideally what I'd like is to link the certificate to course completion, but I don't know if that's possible.

My idea is to have an assignment that is hidden from students, with activity completion enabled, and student must get a grade to complete it.  The teacher assigns a grade of "pass" to the students eligible for the certificate.

I then added a certificate, but I don't see any field to link the certificate to that particular assignment.  I see some instructions on various websites, but my certificate doesn't have the same fields listed.  I've tried as both a TF and as the admin, so I don't think it's permissions.  I'm running 2.5.

I've marked "show as complete when conditions are met" but I don't see how to say that the condition to be met is anything other than "student must view this activity to complete it."

Thanks for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Zehr

Re: configure certificate to an activity

by Michael Zehr -

One more piece of information, I have course completion enabled for the course, and when I go to configure that it allows me to pick from both the hidden activity and the certificates as conditions for completion.  So that tells me I have activity completion enabled for that hidden assignment that I want to use to control the certificate.

As mentioned above, if there's a way to trigger the certificate from the course completion, that would work for me too.

Thanks

In reply to Michael Zehr

Re: configure certificate to an activity

by Michael Zehr -

I think I found the answer.  The examples shows certificates based on conditional activities, not based on course completion.  After enabling conditional activities the "restrict access" appears.

I think it would be nice to have certificates based on course completion, not just on an activity, but I think I can configure what I want based on conditional access.