Drop lowest grade only when course is over

Drop lowest grade only when course is over

by John Horner -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, I found some information on this issue on the forums, but I was unable to find a solution.  In 2.5, when a group of quizzes is set to drop the lowest grade, this is done even when there are only one or two quizzes in the gradebook.  So while I want to drop the one lowest grade, I want it to occur only when all of the quizzes are done, so the students always see their actual progress and it is not artificially low (because one grade is constantly being dropped.)

I noted in our previous version of Moodle (2.2, I think) there was the option to keep a certain number of the highest grades, and this would seem to fix this issue,but I do not find it as part of 2.5 any more.

Thanks for any help that you might be able to give!

John Horner

SUNY Delhi

In reply to John Horner

Re: Drop lowest grade only when course is over

by Bob Puffer -

If you don't see it in 2.5 your admin may have made it unavailable because it still used in 2.5. Editing the category and expanding everything doesn't give it to you?

In reply to Bob Puffer

by John Horner -

Hi Bob and thanks for the reply.  I expanded the settings page and it is just not an option anymore.  Interestingly, subsequent digging has found that others have been posting this as a request for future development, but I am not sure if they too just can't seem to find it, like me.

I appreciate your post!

John Horner SUNY Delhi

In reply to John Horner

by Bob Puffer -

From 2.5.1:

Might have to check with your admin on this

In reply to John Horner

by Bob Puffer -

Site administration->Grades->Grade category settings->

If you hide forced settings and set Keep highest to forced you will experience this malady:

In reply to Bob Puffer

by John Horner -

Bob, you did it!  Thanks so much for this and my issue is solved - I appreciate it!

John Horner