Repeating Courses

Repeating Courses

by Sabariah Mohd-zin -
Number of replies: 2
Sorry for being a bit stupid here, but I have a problem. I tried to look for info on the site, but it's just enormous, that I gave up.

I've just finished a group of students for a semester of the subject called ITD3144. Next semester I'll have another group of students taking that subject. What's the best way of maintaning the page for the first group without disturbing the new one???

At the moment, I make them 2 seperate subjects with codes ITD3144 and ITD3144_0805 (the last part indicating the month and year the subject is being offered). But it doesn't look good, does it?? I can't afford to have so many ITD3144* on the faculty's page. Help!!

-sabariah
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sabariah Mohd-zin

Re: Repeating Courses

by Mark Stevens -
sabariah,

is the old class still in session?  if not, you could make a sub-section called "Archives" or Kursus Lama/Mati/Sudah Tamat and change the name of the archived class.

one other thing to remember is that once teachers/students login and are in one class, they don't see the long list of courses that we see as admins unless they click on "All courses", so it's not so bad really...

your moodle site is getting huge... are all of those courses active?  if they are, you must have one of the largest moodle deployments in malaysia... i hope you have someone helping you smile  keep up the great work!
In reply to Mark Stevens

Re: Repeating Courses

by Sabariah Mohd-zin -
Mark,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment we are in the semester holidays. New semester will start on 2 Aug.

Even though the class is considered 'over', my students still keep logging into the site for general forum. If I 'archive' it, can my existing students still access it??

I think I've finally convinced the top management of UNISEL to adopt Moodle (and do not bother to look at any other propriety alternatives). Comes 1 July, I'll be the Head of the newly formed  "Instructional Technology Unit", taking charge of Moodle, and other activities/projects related to IT (not the info tech, but instructional tech). Though there's no increase in salary (i wish there is...sob...sob), I take it as an honour, esp when I now report directly to the VC instead of the Dean of the faculty smile

I've prepared the infrastructure for all faculties (ie creating the sites for all subjects), but the lecturers have yet to fully utilise it - there are several enthusiastic ones, though who have started using the site smile
In fact the students are more excited than the lecturers, esp when they found out that one of their subjects uses Moodle as a supporting tool (to the traditional classroom teaching) and the others are not, they asked the lecturers why they (the lecturers) are not using it. I hope there'll be enough pressure from the students that the lecturers will all eventually utilise Moodle.

I have conducted a couple of workshops to introduce the features of Moodle to the lecturers, and will continue to do so, esp during these semester holidays. But then, I myself need to learn more about Moodle too... esp the SCORM part. I learnt how to use Reload Editor for Aspen LMS (when I was in Japan last year), but am not sure how to go about doing it with Moodle sad

asfor Moodle users in Malaysia, as far as I know, 2 public universities ie Univ Sains Malaysia and Univ Teknologi Malaysia are using Moodle smile
I am trying to look for other Malaysian Moodlers too, especially in the tertiary education institution at least to exchange ideas, or maybe organise our own Moodle Moot. Can somebody help??

-sabariah