Questionnairre install, mysql versus postgresql, and Moodle 1.5

Questionnairre install, mysql versus postgresql, and Moodle 1.5

by Micheal Cooper -
Number of replies: 1
I have been installing and testing Moodle, and the faculty are eager to get it into the production phase. I prefer postgresql, but questionnairre seems to only use mysql, so I am about to install everything from scratch into our live web different server.

My first question is, does questionnaire work with Moodle 1.5? There is no 1.5 version listed on the Mods download page.

My second is about the questionnaire install. The zip included only a readme file for info, and it seems that all one has to do is unzip the module in the mod directory, go to configuration modules menu, and Moodle should create tables and do all the necessary stuff. However, I have placed the questionnaire directory in mods, and apache has rwx permissions everywhere (this is still a test server), and nothing happens when I open the mod administration page. Nothing. I get no error messages, but there is no entry for questionnaire. When I installed the questionnaire module to Moodle 1.4 with postgresql, I got an error message that basically clued me into the fact that questionnaire does not work with postgresql. Now I am installing questionnaire into a Moodle 1.4 that uses mysql, and nothing happens. Do I need to install phpESP itself, too?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Micheal Cooper

Re: Questionnairre install, mysql versus postgresql, and Moodle 1.5

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, it works with 1.5.

You need to visit the 'admin' page first. That will complete the installation.

The questionnaire does not currently work with PostgreSQL. But it will soon. Check back in the next few days...

mike