After lots of hard work I am happy to say that Elegance is finally ready for release.
This is my follow up theme to Essential and I hope you like it. Just like Essential, it aims to bring a modern and clean look to Moodle while also allowing for a large degree of customisation.
You can grab it from the plugins DB here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_elegance (now approved)
Or you can grab it directly from GitHub here: http://github.com/moodleman/moodle-theme_elegance
You can see it in action here: http://2014.imoot.org
I hope to have a walkthrough video uploaded very soon.
What is Elegance?
Elegance is a 2 column, clean and highly customisable theme built on the Bootstrap 3 framework. Like Essential before it, it is full of a wide range of settings to allow you to customise the theme to meet your exact needs.
This theme IS NOT using the Bootstrap base theme in Moodle. Instead it is using a newly created Bootstrap3 framework created by Bas Brands. While I hope Bootstrap3 will make it into Moodle core soon, for this theme I just could not wait!
Some of the highlights include:
- Customisable User Menu. You can set which links appear and even add your own for services like Webmail. Also note that Messages also show in the header.
- You can set the transparency level for some fantastic effects while using background images
- The MyPage has been customised to be more visual (assuming you are using the new Course Files feature in course settings)
- The theme now has a loading indicator so you know when the page has finished loading.
- The frontage has a wealth of options including sliders, marketing spots and Quick Links section. Even a place to add your own block in the middle.
- A gorgeous login screen that allows for a single or a dynamic slideshow of background images
- New way of displaying course resources and files. I like to call it "course tiles"
- Social Networking built right in.
- I could go on......but I won't. You have to explore yourself. Let's just say there should be enough settings for your every need.
I hope you enjoy this release and look forward to your comments and feedback below.