Database Activity with multi language content

Database Activity with multi language content

by Tobias Cock -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a database with multi language content using the Multi-Language Content filter.

In the add template I have added the following html code for the first heading in the template:

<span lang="en" class="multilang">Change Request</span> <span lang="no"class="multilang">Endringsmelding</span> <span lang="zh_cn"class="multilang">更改消息</span></strong></font></div>

However when I view the add entry page I see the following
“Change Request Endringsmelding
更改消息”

I am able to use the Multi-Language Content filter for the name of my courses and the name of my activities; however it does not seem to work when using the same methodology within the templates of the activity database.

Am I doing something wrong or is not possible to use the Multi-Language Content filter for the database templates, and if not, is there any other ways to change the language inside the template based on the user language.

PS! I am using Moodle 1.9.5+ (Build: 20090923)

Kind regards,
Tobias  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Cock

Svar: Database Activity with multi language content

by Tobias Cock -

Thanks for the information Itamar,

If I upgrade our moodle installation to 2.6, would it be possible in any way to have different language within the database templates that will change depending on the user language.

Kind regards,

Tobias

In reply to Tobias Cock

Re: Svar: Database Activity with multi language content

by Itamar Tzadok -

This issue has not changed since 1.9 and the template is still not filtered and hence is not language sensitive. Not sure why though. The MDL-6635 reason is that the fields content would get filtered twice (see also MDL-9462). It seems however that it should be possible to filter the template before replacing the patterns with the fields content. You can open a tracker issue for that. I have added template formatting in the new version of the Dataform (for Moodle 2.6 or higher; not yet released), and it seems to work properly. smile