Particularly helpful Moodlers

Particularly helpful Moodlers

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 11

How come some "Particularly helpful Moodlers" , havent logged on for more than 60 days?

surprise

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: Particularly helpful Moodlers

by Guillermo Madero -

Could it be that that is what makes them particularly helpful? tongueout

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Well one seems to have not logged in for more than 200 days

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

https://moodle.org/user/index.php?contextid=53&roleid=0&id=5&perpage=20&search&ssort=lastaccess in case anyone is wondering.

Note that only shows when the user last viewed a page in the 'Moodle in English' course. Not when they lasted logged in to moodle.org. As you might guess from the name, and City/town, Pascal Boulerie has logged in and posted to Moodle in French more recently than that.

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tim "As you might guess from the name, and City/town, Pascal Boulerie has logged in and posted to Moodle in French more recently than that."

Very true, and the fact that French moodlers do not eat Marmite (most French people do not even know that the stuff exists) does not help making them "helpful moodlers" on the English forums.black eye

Joseph

by dawn alderson -

Albert, hi

Now, now.  Guillermo might get all sheepish about that, and I wouldn't blame him.  big grin

cheers

Dawn

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

So a "Paticularly helpful Moodler" is once who is more helpful than the average Moodler. Begs the question. If they are usually busy with so much work, why do these special breed of people exist?

par·tic·u·lar·ly
pə(r)ˈtikyələrlē/
adverb

1. 1.
    to a higher degree than is usual or average.
    "I don't particularly want to be reminded of that time"
    synonyms: especiallyspeciallyveryextremelyexceptionallysingularly,peculiarly, unusually, extraordinarily, remarkably, outstandingly,amazingly, incrediblyreallyseriously More

2. 2.
    so as to give special emphasis to a point; specifically.
    "he particularly asked that I should help you"
    synonyms: specifically, explicitly, expressly, in particular, especiallyspecially
In reply to Frankie Kam

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Frankie

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I always thought the term was derived from 'particle', to stress their Brownian-like motion:
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownian_motion )
smile

I see a whole lot of search-engine queries in your analysis, always from the same giant. No wonder, one goes in all kinds of tangents.
;-(

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Ironic

Im one now, havent been on Moodle.org for at least 5 months surprise

Still have 2014 badge though

tongueout

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Many particularly helpful but dormant Moodlers. The Guinness Award goes to the cicada insect which can lie dormant for 13 to 17 years before emerging from underground to mate.