no editor

no editor

ni mark white -
Number of replies: 38
Fresh install of 1.5 Add a html block Block works fine But when I try to edit it I have no Html Editor just standard text.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mark white

Re: no editor

ni Trizit Benjaboonyazit -

I have the same problem and have read through all the topics, but still not solved.

Before I upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.5 ,  I ran into the same problems without prior notice.  I check with my hosting, they seemed to have upgraded the LINUX system and the php library (at present php 4.3.11)  I think it must be the cause of problem.

But I try to upgrade my Moodle with the hope that it will solve the problem, but in vain.   I have only text editor with htmlarea  undefined .

Moodle 1.5 gives me also error on every page, that is line 1 , char 1 , error expected object ,code 0  .  When I check on line 1 , it is just <?PHP... >

What should I tell my hosting provider to check their configuration for me ?

What is required on the server side in order to make the HTMLEditor work ?

Please help, my moodle site is at http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/

In reply to Trizit Benjaboonyazit

ni koen roggemans -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Documentation writers Larawan ng Moodle HQ Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Translators
I can't reach your site. I wanted to check out wich language pack you are using. If Janne's fix doesn't help, can you specify the language pack?
In reply to koen roggemans

ni mark white -

My site is at

www.mdpsupport.co.uk/moodle

The HTML block just comes up with a text input block when you edit it.

Just a blank site at present it is due to get content this week if the tutors can agree on the details.

I have only just come back to this, working on a Sunday morning is not good. So I have not tried Janne's fix yet.

It is not a major problem for me because if I drop HTML into the text box it works fine and I can edit the code localy and cut and paste it into the text box.

I suppose it would be more of a problem if you just wanted to enter some text.

In reply to koen roggemans

ni Andy Mansker -

Thank you, that did not help. After posting I saw the link above and followed instructions with no luck.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=25461

I did these:

1. replaced htmlarea.php

2. changed languages

3. Editor on in Admin/Editor and Profile (disabled/reenabled)

4. removed lines/spaces in config.php

5. cleared cache many times before and after each step, rebooted, etc.

6. IE6 and Firefox

7. changed to several themes

8. ran https://webwork2.math.ohio-state.edu/configcheck.php

I have installed earlier versions of Moodle on the same server under 3 domains about 4 times in the past month and never had an issue with the editor. This is a fresh install of 1.5 (downloaded yesterday). No errors on install. Everything else functioning great as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any advice.

In reply to mark white

ni Janne Mikkonen -
Copy this attached htmlarea.php file over your old one and tell if it works after that (remember to clear your browser cache).

- Janne -

Edit: propably the cause of this is a new cut 'n' page message in line 1882 (hopefully this will fix it).
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

Thank you Janne,  I have tested and have cleared your browser cache.
But it still shows only text editor.

My langauge pack is th, I  have also tested the english pack en, But it still shows only text editor.

ni Janne Mikkonen -
Just tested current MOODLE_15_STABLE (htmlarea.php revision 1.60.2.2 which is same as revision 1.62 in trunk) with thai language pack and it was working in both IE and FireFox (although firefox couldn't show charachters right).

Have you enabled editor in your site (admin -> editor settings) and in your profile?

- Janne -

I have enabled editor in your site (admin -> editor settings) and in my profile.
and also confirm it appear rightly in my database.  no space line in config.php

I have the feeling that the problem might come from my hosting provider, they  have upgraded the LINUX system and compiled the php library (at present php 4.3.11) when the problem first occured in 1.4.x  and continued to appear in the upgraded 1.5  .   Some friend in previous topic said that  his problem was solved when his hosting provider fixed their server.

What is that to fix ?

I tried another clean install with new database at another website in the same hosting provider at http://www.bangkaew.org/moodle/  , and the same things happen,
no html editor (eventhrough everything is set)
error page on line 1 char 1 expected object
sideblock can not turn on/off

There is a warning at the beginning of the installation that the php memory limit is 8 mb and may cause trouble lator.
I am asking the hosting provider to increase for me,I am not sure it can be easily done or not ( no answer from them yet ).

Do I have to re-install after hosting provider increases  php memory limit  ?

Will it be the cause of all troubles ?

ni Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Vichien B
Sometimes if there are blank lines in your .php files then the editor can disappear. It did not turn out to be my problem on this thread but Zbigniew came up with a nice routine for checking.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=21995
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

Thanks, Takemoto San, I went to visit your website, and like your talking robot very much.  very interesting, but we seems to talk in different topic big grin

My hosting provider has changed php memory limit to 16 mb  and I test a clean install with new database again at http://www.bangkaew.org/moodle  with correct setting and clear cache memory.  The installation pass well with no warning again, but after I download the config.php file and upload it to its place ( no blank line,checked with Zbigniew )  , the error page on line 1 char 1 expected object  come to haunt me again every pages starting from the licence page. I am not sure it is just trivial or not, but when the installation completed successfully, the same  thing happens, sideblock can not turn on/off  and no html editor toolbar appears even though it show that

Formatting:HTML format

This time the error page said that error page on line: 139 char: 1 error: 'HTMLArea' is undefined  URL: http://www.bangkaew.org/moodle/mod/forum/post.php?forum=1

on line 139 of post.php , I just found exit;

Is there  something wrong with post.php ?

( I uploaded moodle-latest-15.zip  to bangkaew.org and extracted it there inside the cPanel. )

ni Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Vichien B,

EDIT - Have you tried Jannes new version of edit.php post above - END OF EDIT 

Have you solved your editor problem?

I am glad you like my robot. It is about $100 a year from oddcast.com. If you want to share, contact me.

I don't THINK that the memory limit is a problem. For instance I am using (the miss named) "moodle for windows" ("desktop moodle"), and I am told that I have only 8Mb for php when I installl it, but it seems to work fine, with the editor. AFAIK the editor is written in javascript so I don't think that the php memory limit should be a problem.  

I seem to remember having a problem with sideblocks before... it was because the theme I was using was not 1.5 compatible. Are you using the standard theme? Might a problem with your theme cause the problems with the editor (I have not heard of this happening but you never know - so make sure you use the standard theme as a test at least).

as for the error "error page on line: 139 char: "

Hmm... that sounds like, rather than a problem with post.php, you might have had a problem during upload such that the files for the editor have not uploaded properly? You could try uploading the html editor folder again. I think that it is in moodle/lib/.

But that sounds unlikely since you used the zip file and unzipped it on the server.

I guess you are using a non English character set. Is there any chance you have included a double byte space " " or some other double byte character in your config.php?

My guess is that your two errors are related. 

error page on line 1 char 1 expected object

ni Patrick Stower -

I have just upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 and had the same problem.  Janne, your attached htmlarea.php was brilliant.  It fixed the problem straight away.

Thank you very much

Patrick

ni William Lu -
Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers
Dear Janne,

Thank you very much for yur file.

I upgraded my site to 1.5 and the HTML editor disappeared. I uploaded your file and it fixed the problem. Fantastic.

In Moodle1.5 /lib/editor/ has htmlarea.php and htmlarea_bak.php. I think they misplace the right file.

As you said, the Replace button dosn't work, so, I hide it.
Paste button still dosn't work in Firefox, so, I hide it as well.

Thank you again.

In reply to William Lu

ni Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks William ngisi

Actually htmlarea_bak.php has its own special purpose why it's still hangs in there. In htmlarea_bak.php are all original comments which are stripped from htmlarea.php. And if I remember correctly the version of that file (htmlarea_bak.php) is before editor were upgraded HTMLArea 3.0 RC1 version.

- Janne -

ni Syamsul Anwar -
Thanks very much for file, Janne. I was almost regretting my newly-installed update to Moodle 1.5 till I found this thread. ngiti
In reply to Syamsul Anwar

ni Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks Syamsul kindat

ni jobe jobe -
I had the same problem with the text editor, hassled my host as it had happened on a previous server in February, which was fixed with a change to the server config. This time the host needed more detailed info - fair enough - so I tried the pasting over the htmlarea file given above & all now works as it should!! Thank you.

ni Valery Fremaux -
New php file worked straigth forward on Windows install. Thank you !
In reply to Valery Fremaux

I try again on firefox and avant browser, the irritating page error disappear, maybe something wrong with my IE ver 6.0

I download the latest moodle and extracted in cPanel to replace the current one, but everything is the same , no editor toolbar. I try to change all version of htmlarea.php, but nothing change.  I eventually change the name of editor folder, the text editor is still working though I have cleared the cache !

I notice that in the editor setting  page ( http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/admin/editor.php ), the editor button gif doesn't  show up, so I try to see it directly like by browsing at  http://www.bangkaew.com/lib/editor/images/ed_anchor.gif , every time I browse ,the result keeps changing between

The page cannot be displayed

and

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /elearning/lib/editor/images/smallBanner.gif could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.bangkaew.com Port 80

but when I move the editor button gif outside /lib ,  it can be browsed  like

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/ed_anchor.gif

I try browsing at  http://moodle.org/lib/editor/images/ed_anchor.gif , it is there, nothing  Not Acceptable

I try upload new editor folder, it is the same.

editor folder is 755 same with /lib and /images, the cache has been cleared.
The Language is th (Thai)  , Locale is th_TH

Will this be related with my no editor toolbar problem ?

ni Janne Mikkonen -
Yes! If you get the same errormessage when you try to get your htmlarea.php file with direct url.

Thank Janne , but I don't understand your comment ?

"..when you try to get your htmlarea.php file with direct url.
.."

Why can I  get http://moodle.org/lib/editor/images/ed_anchor.gif  ?

(while I can't get http://www.bangkaew.com/lib/editor/images/ed_anchor.gif )

ni Janne Mikkonen -
I mean write the url to editor in the location field in your browser as you did with image eg.

http://www.bangkaew.com/lib/editor/htmlarea.php

Why can I  get ?

Is this a hosted service? If it is you'll have to contact your hosting provider.

Yes , this service is hosted, I can get http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/ed_anchor.gif

I wonder what is wrong with my editor folder under /lib ,  even I delete this folder and clear the cache, I still can allow html editor format  with no editor toolbar like  before. So changing the htmlarea.php seems to have no effect at all , since the editor folder  cannot be reached.

What happen if you delete your editor folder under /lib  ?

I have tested a clean install of moodle 1.5 on a new server, and it works with no problem.

no error on page, and the HTML Editor Toolbar returns !

I am quite sure that the problem comes from current  server which my hosting  provider has just upgraded to php 4.3.11 and configure to make it more secure from hacker and spammail.

Here is the details for your information.

Hope that someone can help me find out the cause of problem.

PHP Logo

PHP Version 4.3.11

System Linux host.axzion.com 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp #1 SMP Sat Feb 26 21:54:45 EST 2005 i686
Build Date Jun 7 2005 16:03:19
Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-versioning' '--with-zlib'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

Zend logo This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.6, Copyright (c) 2003-2004, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.5.10, Copyright (c) 1998-2005, by Zend Technologies

PHP Credits

Configuration

PHP Core

DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value
allow_call_time_pass_referenceOnOn
allow_url_fopenOnOn
always_populate_raw_post_dataOffOff
arg_separator.input&&
arg_separator.output&&
asp_tagsOffOff
auto_append_fileno valueno value
auto_prepend_fileno valueno value
browscapno valueno value
default_charsetno valueno value
default_mimetypetext/htmltext/html
define_syslog_variablesOffOff
disable_classesno valueno value
disable_functionsno valueno value
display_errorsOnOn
display_startup_errorsOffOff
doc_rootno valueno value
docref_extno valueno value
docref_rootno valueno value
enable_dlOnOn
error_append_stringno valueno value
error_logerror_logerror_log
error_prepend_stringno valueno value
error_reporting20392039
expose_phpOnOn
extension_dir././
file_uploadsOnOn
gpc_orderGPCGPC
highlight.bg#FFFFFF#FFFFFF
highlight.comment#FF8000#FF8000
highlight.default#0000BB#0000BB
highlight.html#000000#000000
highlight.keyword#007700#007700
highlight.string#DD0000#DD0000
html_errorsOnOn
ignore_repeated_errorsOffOff
ignore_repeated_sourceOffOff
ignore_user_abortOffOff
implicit_flushOffOff
include_path.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
log_errorsOnOn
log_errors_max_len10241024
magic_quotes_gpcOnOn
magic_quotes_runtimeOffOff
magic_quotes_sybaseOffOff
max_execution_time3030
max_input_time-1-1
open_basedir/home/bangk/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmpno value
output_bufferingno valueno value
output_handlerno valueno value
post_max_size55M55M
precision1414
register_argc_argvOnOn
register_globalsOnOn
report_memleaksOnOn
safe_modeOffOff
safe_mode_exec_dirno valueno value
safe_mode_gidOffOff
safe_mode_include_dirno valueno value
sendmail_fromme@localhost.comme@localhost.com
sendmail_path/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
serialize_precision100100
short_open_tagOnOn
SMTPlocalhostlocalhost
smtp_port2525
sql.safe_modeOffOff
track_errorsOffOff
unserialize_callback_funcno valueno value
upload_max_filesize2M2M
upload_tmp_dirno valueno value
user_dirno valueno value
variables_orderEGPCSEGPCS
xmlrpc_error_number00
xmlrpc_errorsOffOff
y2k_complianceOffOff

Zend Optimizer

Optimization Pass 1 enabled
Optimization Pass 2 enabled
Optimization Pass 3 enabled
Optimization Pass 4 enabled
Optimization Pass 9 disabled
Zend Loader enabled
License Path no value

apache

APACHE_INCLUDE no value
APACHE_TARGET no value
Apache Version Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Apache Release 10333100
Apache API Version 19990320
Hostname:Port www.bangkaew.com:80
User/Group nobody(99)/99
Max Requests Per Child: 0 - Keep Alive: on - Max Per Connection: 150
Timeouts Connection: 300 - Keep-Alive: 3
Server Root /usr/local/apache
Loaded Modules mod_dosevasive, mod_php4, mod_security, mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

child_terminate00
engine11
last_modified00
xbithack00

Apache Environment

VariableValue
DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/bangk/public_html
HTTP_ACCEPT image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE th
HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL max-age=259200
HTTP_CONNECTION keep-alive
HTTP_COOKIE MoodleSession=5105f34a855b29861597f57a60074383; MoodleSessionTest=8WRmL8J9fu; MOODLEID_=%25E1%25CD%2510K%25B8%257C%25B5%2519; sessioncookie=c4f121b655323538cf4ec81415561dd2; mosadmin=9c314ffb87e3f3456f0f34b72ade8231; cprelogin=no; webmailsession=aXPAGHZj5ivfuPdt3A57Jh21PwISEpQXMm91Z2yMpahMMXnQxPYAGojtBjDNE761; webmailrelogin=no; sessionid=NMRmUTuA.OKHU; verify=test
HTTP_HOST www.bangkaew.com
HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
HTTP_VIA 1.0 intra.tpa.or.th:8080 (squid/2.5.STABLE1)
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR 172.16.11.39
PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
REMOTE_ADDR 203.146.219.2
REMOTE_PORT 57346
SCRIPT_FILENAME /home/bangk/public_html/test.php
SERVER_ADDR 203.121.145.83
SERVER_ADMIN webmaster@bangkaew.com
SERVER_NAME www.bangkaew.com
SERVER_PORT 80
SERVER_SIGNATURE <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.bangkaew.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.0
REQUEST_METHOD GET
QUERY_STRING no value
REQUEST_URI /test.php
SCRIPT_NAME /test.php

HTTP Headers Information

HTTP Request Headers
HTTP Request GET /test.php HTTP/1.0
Accept image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
Accept-Language th
Cache-Control max-age=259200
Connection keep-alive
Cookie MoodleSession=5105f34a855b29861597f57a60074383; MoodleSessionTest=8WRmL8J9fu; MOODLEID_=%25E1%25CD%2510K%25B8%257C%25B5%2519; sessioncookie=c4f121b655323538cf4ec81415561dd2; mosadmin=9c314ffb87e3f3456f0f34b72ade8231; cprelogin=no; webmailsession=aXPAGHZj5ivfuPdt3A57Jh21PwISEpQXMm91Z2yMpahMMXnQxPYAGojtBjDNE761; webmailrelogin=no; sessionid=NMRmUTuA.OKHU; verify=test
Host www.bangkaew.com
User-Agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Via 1.0 intra.tpa.or.th:8080 (squid/2.5.STABLE1)
X-Forwarded-For 172.16.11.39
HTTP Response Headers
X-Powered-By PHP/4.3.11
Connection close
Content-Type text/html

bcmath

BCMath support enabled

calendar

Calendar support enabled

ctype

ctype functions enabled

ftp

FTP support enabled

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

mysql

MySQL Supportenabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 3.23.49
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE builtin
MYSQL_SOCKET /var/tmp/mysql.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE no value
MYSQL_LIBS no value

mysql.allow_persistentOnOn
mysql.connect_timeout6060
mysql.default_hostno valueno value
mysql.default_passwordno valueno value
mysql.default_portno valueno value
mysql.default_socketno valueno value
mysql.default_userno valueno value
mysql.max_linksUnlimitedUnlimited
mysql.max_persistentUnlimitedUnlimited
mysql.trace_modeOffOff

overload

User-Space Object Overloading Support enabled

pcre

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support enabled
PCRE Library Version 4.5 01-December-2003

posix

Revision $Revision: 1.51.2.3 $

session

Session Support enabled
Registered save handlers files user

session.auto_startOffOff
session.bug_compat_42OnOn
session.bug_compat_warnOnOn
session.cache_expire180180
session.cache_limiternocachenocache
session.cookie_domainno valueno value
session.cookie_lifetime00
session.cookie_path//
session.cookie_secureOffOff
session.entropy_fileno valueno value
session.entropy_length00
session.gc_divisor100100
session.gc_maxlifetime14401440
session.gc_probability11
session.namePHPSESSIDPHPSESSID
session.referer_checkno valueno value
session.save_handlerfilesfiles
session.save_path/tmp/tmp
session.serialize_handlerphpphp
session.use_cookiesOnOn
session.use_only_cookiesOffOff
session.use_trans_sidOnOn

sockets

Sockets Support enabled

standard

Regex Library Bundled library enabled
Dynamic Library Support enabled
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

assert.active11
assert.bail00
assert.callbackno valueno value
assert.quiet_eval00
assert.warning11
auto_detect_line_endings00
default_socket_timeout6060
safe_mode_allowed_env_varsPHP_PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_varsLD_LIBRARY_PATHLD_LIBRARY_PATH
url_rewriter.tagsa=href,area=href,frame=src,form=,fieldset=a=href,area=href,frame=src,form=,fieldset=
user_agentno valueno value

tokenizer

Tokenizer Support enabled

xml

XML Support active
XML Namespace Support active
EXPAT Version 1.95.6

zlib

ZLib Support enabled
Compiled Version 1.2.1.2
Linked Version 1.2.1.2

zlib.output_compressionOffOff
zlib.output_compression_level-1-1
zlib.output_handlerno valueno value

Additional Modules

Module Name

Environment

VariableValue
PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
PWD /
SHLVL 1
RESTARTSRV 1
_ /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

PHP Variables

VariableValue
PHP_SELF /test.php
_REQUEST["MoodleSession"]5105f34a855b29861597f57a60074383
_REQUEST["MoodleSessionTest"]8WRmL8J9fu
_REQUEST["MOODLEID_"]%E1%CD%10K%B8%7C%B5%19
_REQUEST["sessioncookie"]c4f121b655323538cf4ec81415561dd2
_REQUEST["mosadmin"]9c314ffb87e3f3456f0f34b72ade8231
_REQUEST["cprelogin"]no
_REQUEST["webmailsession"]aXPAGHZj5ivfuPdt3A57Jh21PwISEpQXMm91Z2yMpahMMXnQxPYAGojtBjDNE761
_REQUEST["webmailrelogin"]no
_REQUEST["sessionid"]NMRmUTuA.OKHU
_REQUEST["verify"]test
_COOKIE["MoodleSession"]5105f34a855b29861597f57a60074383
_COOKIE["MoodleSessionTest"]8WRmL8J9fu
_COOKIE["MOODLEID_"]%E1%CD%10K%B8%7C%B5%19
_COOKIE["sessioncookie"]c4f121b655323538cf4ec81415561dd2
_COOKIE["mosadmin"]9c314ffb87e3f3456f0f34b72ade8231
_COOKIE["cprelogin"]no
_COOKIE["webmailsession"]aXPAGHZj5ivfuPdt3A57Jh21PwISEpQXMm91Z2yMpahMMXnQxPYAGojtBjDNE761
_COOKIE["webmailrelogin"]no
_COOKIE["sessionid"]NMRmUTuA.OKHU
_COOKIE["verify"]test
_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/home/bangk/public_html
_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"]image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]th
_SERVER["HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL"]max-age=259200
_SERVER["HTTP_CONNECTION"]keep-alive
_SERVER["HTTP_COOKIE"]MoodleSession=5105f34a855b29861597f57a60074383; MoodleSessionTest=8WRmL8J9fu; MOODLEID_=%25E1%25CD%2510K%25B8%257C%25B5%2519; sessioncookie=c4f121b655323538cf4ec81415561dd2; mosadmin=9c314ffb87e3f3456f0f34b72ade8231; cprelogin=no; webmailsession=aXPAGHZj5ivfuPdt3A57Jh21PwISEpQXMm91Z2yMpahMMXnQxPYAGojtBjDNE761; webmailrelogin=no; sessionid=NMRmUTuA.OKHU; verify=test
_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]www.bangkaew.com
_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
_SERVER["HTTP_VIA"]1.0 intra.tpa.or.th:8080 (squid/2.5.STABLE1)
_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"]172.16.11.39
_SERVER["PATH"]/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]203.146.219.2
_SERVER["REMOTE_PORT"]57346
_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]/home/bangk/public_html/test.php
_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]203.121.145.83
_SERVER["SERVER_ADMIN"]webmaster@bangkaew.com
_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]www.bangkaew.com
_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"]80
_SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"]<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.bangkaew.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"]Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
_SERVER["GATEWAY_INTERFACE"]CGI/1.1
_SERVER["SERVER_PROTOCOL"]HTTP/1.0
_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"]GET
_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]no value
_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]/test.php
_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"]/test.php
_SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"]/home/bangk/public_html/test.php
_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]/test.php
_SERVER["argv"]
Array
(
)
_SERVER["argc"]0
_ENV["PATH"]/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
_ENV["PWD"]/
_ENV["SHLVL"]1
_ENV["RESTARTSRV"]1
_ENV["_"]/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

PHP License

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the PHP License as published by the PHP Group and included in the distribution in the file: LICENSE

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license, or have any questions about PHP licensing, please contact license@php.net.

This is just to update my problems for knowledge sharing.

I have moved all my original moodle1.5  and data to another linux webhosting  , and all the problem are solved.

html editor  toolbar returns (with Janne's script).

sideblock can now turn on/off.

error on page  not come again. ( I  take some javascript that seems to have conflict  with main program out from my instant message shoutblock )

For reference see http://elearning.bangkaew.com 

ni Gerardo Pérez Duarte Marcoux -

I've the same problem.

I got the "Object expected" in every page and I have no HTML editor.

I wrote to the my hosting provider support staff and I got the following message:

Hello Gerardo,

Other moodle users are reporting issues with the newest php version as well.
The upgrade to php fixes memory leaks and security issues and will need to remain on the server.
You may need to contact Moodle directly for a patch or upgrade until Fantastico updates with a version of Moodle that is compatible.

Thank you.

What can I do to solve this problem. I don't know what to do. 

ni Richard Page -
I have the same problem.  Everything was OK with 1.5.2 *until* fluxservices updated php to version 4.4.0 (without telling anyone).  It, of course, broke all the moodles because of the adodb problem.  Fixed that, sent a message to fluxservices.  They replied - "Too bad. It's a Moodle problem. contact them".  Great support from an outfit that claims to be a Moodle hosting service.  (They also shut down their servers midweek in the middle of classes for "maintainence").

Anyway, now the HTML editor does not work.  If I try to access the script directly I get

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /moodle/lib/editor/htmlaccess.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.harkermoodle.org Port 80

I still have the old 1.4.4 scripts, and I tried acessing the php file there as well.  Same result. 

Something is clearly going on with the latest version of PHP.  The editor did work in 1.5.2 before their "upgrade".  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? 
In reply to Richard Page

I have my homepage with FluxServices as well.

I'm worry because I don't have any idea about when we will this problem fixed.

I think FlusServices must fix because they claim to be a Moodle hosting service as you said.

In reply to Richard Page

Problem solved.

FluxServices found a security configuration problem:

Hello Gerardo,

After some digging through the log files I believe I have found the issue.

"Access denied with code 406. Pattern match "/lib/" at THE_REQUEST."

mod_security is picking up the use of /lib/ and filtering it out as /lib/ off the root of the server is used in many remote attacks.

I have modified the filter which should allow for the usage of /lib/ outside the root for scripts which directories entitled lib such as Moodle.

Give it a shot now.

In reply to Gerardo Pérez Duarte Marcoux

ni Richard Page -
Did it fix it?  So far it still doesn't work for me.
Richard
In reply to Richard Page

I come back to see this topic and am happy to know that there is some solution from the problem on the hosting side.

But I don't understand how to do ,  can I fix it myself  or what should I tell my web-hosting service provider to do ?

what is this ?

mod_security is picking up the use of /lib/ and filtering it out as /lib/ off the root of the server is used in many remote attacks.

I have modified the
filter which should allow for the usage of /lib/ outside the root for scripts which directories entitled lib such as Moodle.

My new website at http://www.trizthailand.com/elearning still has the same problem with the old hosting provider, 

This is to confirm that the no html editor problem has been solved by modifying the filter which should allow for the usage of /lib/ outside the root for scripts which directories entitled lib such as Moodle.

My hosting provider has disabled mod_security    temporarily  and the html editor toolbar shows up.

He is finding the way to modify the filter and enable  mod_security     again.

Anyone can gives the details of modifying the filter  ?

ni Bojan Milosavljević -
I can only join the group of those not having HTML editor shown. I can't see anyone with this problem having his site uploaded on IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 like I have. I 've had once two web servers on the same machine running Windows XP with Moodle 1.1.5 installed on both. On Apache 1.33 I had everything OK, but on IIS I had never HTML editor shown yet. Does anyone have similar experience?