PLEASE HELP: Adobe Hosted Connect in MoodleRooms??

PLEASE HELP: Adobe Hosted Connect in MoodleRooms??

by Pedram Mizani -
Number of replies: 1

My problem is that our Adobe Connect developers may have some outdated information: they're telling us that that when the Connect plugin was first developed in MoodleRooms, colleges had to have an "on-premise" hosted version of Connect... a $40k investment. However MoodleRooms Tech Support states that "you can either host it yourself or subscribe to another Adobe Connect hosting service.", giving us the impression that the MoodleRooms plugin will work with any environment that Adobe Connect is hosted in, including "Adobe hosted Connect" as mentioned in
http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/buying-guide.html. We can not afford to make a $40k investment in an on-premise hosted version, but we can do an Adobe hosted Connect.

I understand that MoodleRooms is only responsible for turning on the Connect plugin, but we need help! Please can anyone confirm for me and our developers that the MoodleRooms plugin for Connect will work with an "Adobe hosted Connect" that we activate through Adobe, and that we wouldn't have to have Connect hosted "on-premise"?

Thank you very much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pedram Mizani

Re: PLEASE HELP: Adobe Hosted Connect in MoodleRooms??

by Jason Hardin -

Pedram,

To start the plugin you refer to as the Moodlerooms Adobe connect plugin is not the name of the plugin the Moodle  community would understand.

If you are looking for community feedback you are asking about the Adobe Connect community plugin found at https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_adobeconnect. This is the plugin Moodlerooms has reviewed and is available for clients to enable.

Historically this plugin will work with hosted adobe connect sites except for the single sign on. This plugin focuses on adobe connect pro, which is an on premise solution, and this is historically the only server type that the plugin supports single sign on for.